Location: Thousand Oaks
Posted on: January 12, 2022
JOB SUMMARY FOR PACKAGING ENGINEER:
- This position reports into the Packaging Engineering group
under Combination Product Operations in Thousand Oaks, CA. This
position will apply engineering principles to execute the proper
design, qualification and implementation of Primary and Secondary
Packaging components and the associated systems such as
documentation, equipment and processes. Knowledge of primary and
secondary packaging systems and material science is essential to
the position. The position requires organizational, project
management, technical problem solving and communication (written
and verbal) skills, and the ability to work in teams and adapt to
rapidly changing environment. RESPONSIBILITIES FOR PACKAGING
- 1) Support for testing and evaluation leading to recommendation
and selection of primary and secondary packaging materials.
- 2) Familiarity with Material Testing standards, requirements
and equipment is essential.
- 3) Writing of test protocols, perform technical evaluations and
testing to support reports used to justify the use of selected
materials and packaging components.
- 4) Writing technical specifications, creating engineering
drawings, and developing artwork templates.
- 5) Competent with AutoCAD, Illustrator, or similar software
application to create, modify and approve engineering
- 6) Support line trials and packaging validation activities
prior to introduction of any new or change in
- 7) Collaborate with cross-functional teams (i.e. Quality,
Device Engineering, Supply Chain, Artwork, Manufacturing,
Regulatory, etc.) in pre-commercial and commercial activities.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE FOR PACKAGING ENGINEER:
- BS Packaging, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or
- - 1 to 3 years general packaging/engineering experience
- - Masters degree with little to no experience will be
considered SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS FOR PACKAGING ENGINEER:
- 1) Independent thinker with demonstrated skills working in
teams or leading project teams
- 2) Strong Interpersonal and communication skills
Keywords: EPITEC, Thousand Oaks , Packaging Engineering, Engineering , Thousand Oaks, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!