Specialist Electrical Engineer
Company: L3Harris Technologies
Location: Santa Paula
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description: Job Title: Spec, Electrical Engineer
Job Code: SAS4
Job Location: Simi Valley, CA
This position is defined by a broad range of design activities
which include the generation of new designs and the reuse and
modification of existing designs for custom applications. The
Electrical Engineer is responsible for the design of electrical
circuits, wire harnesses and interconnections for a variety of
products ranging from small airborne systems to large satellite
- Identifies the design requirements, determines an approach,
selects the appropriate materials and fabrication techniques, and
generates the necessary manufacturing drawings.
- Completes generation of block diagrams, power budgeting, and
general performance analysis.
- Responsible for cable assembly design, analog and digital
design and analysis, generation of schematic diagrams, assembly
drawings and parts lists, as well as system-level interconnection
drawings and wiring diagrams.
- Generates test plans and procedures and provides technical
inputs for product technical manuals.
- Proposes technical solutions, prepares studies and reports,
maintains engineering data, and participates in meetings and
- Assists in preparing technical presentations for both internal
reviews and customer reviews.
- Incorporates military design standards and commercial code
requirements into designs and prepare bills of material.
- Supports Business Development in the preparation of technical
proposals. Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant
experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a
minimum of 8 years of prior related experience or a Graduate Degree
and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- Must have 4 years equivalent experience in the design of
electrical/electronic circuits and/or wire harness assemblies is
- Must have a solid working knowledge of 2D line drawings using
AutoCAD and be familiar with MS Visio.
- Must be able to interpret and understand electrical circuit
schematics, and be familiar with electrical noise reduction
techniques and EMI/EMC.
- Software familiarity with Cadence (ORCAD), MatLab, and
- Experience with servo motor position, velocity, and
acceleration controls. Preferred Additional Skills:
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to work
well with colleagues and manufacturing personnel.
- Must be proficient in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel,
- Must possess strong troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Previous experience with small and large scale antenna systems
for communications or radar systems with positioning of optical
Keywords: L3Harris Technologies, Thousand Oaks , Specialist Electrical Engineer, Engineering , Santa Paula, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!