Senior Automation Engineer
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posted on: May 21, 2023
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
with Takeda's and . I further attest that all information I submit
in my employment application is true to the best of my
knowledge.Job DescriptionAbout the role:You will provide daily
automation engineering support in Formulation, Filling, and
Packaging operations; including execution of automation projects of
varying complexities.How you will contribute:
- Demonstrate understanding of programming, troubleshooting,
maintenance, and user administration of the automation platforms
used at the Thousand Oaks site including Emerson DeltaV DCS, Allen
Bradley PLC, Siemens PLC, Intellution/Proficy iFix, Siemens BAS,
and Siemens S7
- Demonstrate good understanding of programming, maintenance, and
troubleshooting of Packaging Vision Systems (Markem, Systech &
Cognex), Automated Vacuum Tester (AVT), Systech Camera and
Serialization, Vial labeler (Neri), Unit Carton Labeling system
(LSI), and Printing System (Wolke).
- Display standard engineering principles to resolve difficult
problems, and lead projects from concept to final design.
- Administer the control system lifecycle in a regulated
- Develop improved control system strategies for manufacturing
- Draft, update, and verify system specifications and standard
operating procedures (SOP) for the automation systems
- Train users on control system functionality (programmable logic
controller, process control, computer/control networks, and
- As a Subject Matter Expert (SME), mentor other automation
engineers and technicians as requested in automation systems.
- Use experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Implement sustainable system to reduce User Interventions (UI)
occurrence and re-occurrence.
- Schedule and lead a team through the execution of automation
projects, or a defined piece of a larger project. Includes
generating detailed, accurate project schedules and cost estimates,
preparing business case justifications, working with
cross-functional development groups and technical support
- Contribute to cost estimating of major capital budget items and
the spending of approved project funds. Also, performs financial
planning and assists in the analysis to justify project
- Investigate and analyze customer service problems and design
improvement suggestions. Recommend design improvements through
adaptations and modifications of standard technical
- Manage routine small projects with complex features.
- Provide automation support by on-call during off-hours as part
of a 24/7 operation.
- Implement pharmaceutical change control standards and
- Knowledge of the basic principles in several engineering
- Discuss encountered technical issues, both verbally and in
- Solve routine design, process, and automation engineering
- Lead less experienced engineers. Operate and potentially
facilitate cross functional teams.
- Effectively run projects, coordinate contractors, and direct
the activities of technicians.
- Organize and present technical and project management
overviews.What you bring to Takeda:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering field is required.
- 5+ years of related automation/controls experience in a GMP
pharmaceutical environment is required.
- Solid experience with automation system instrumentation and
field device technology.
- Experience with control systems (Allen Bradley,
Intellution/iFix, Siemens BAS, Siemens S7, WinCC), OSI PI
Historian, and Vision sytems (Systech/Cognex) in a manufacturing
- DeltaV experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of cGxP manufacturing and processes.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical production equipment including
autoclaves, parts washer, lyophilizers, process tanks, filling
machines and CIP/SIP systems.What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and
Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable
- Family Planning Support
- Professional training opportunities
- Tuition reimbursementImportant ConsiderationsAt Takeda, our
patients rely on us to deliver quality products. As a result, we
must follow strict rules in our manufacturing facilities to ensure
we are not endangering the quality of the product. You may:
- Overall physical exertion is sedentary work.
- Perform field work around robotic systems, controls
instrumentation, wiring, and control panels.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 25 lbs.
- May work in a controlled environment requiring special gowning
and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and
body. This may include additional hearing protection for loud
- Will need to remove all make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail
polish and artificial fingernails while in the manufacturing
- May work in a cold, hot or wet environment.
- May work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, buffers and
Celite that may require respiratory protection.
- May be asked to work more than 8 hours/40 hours per week,
including weekends, and holidays.
- May require availability outside of business hours.
- Required to participate in a rotational 24/7 automation on-call
support.More about us:At Takeda, we are transforming patient care
through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and the
best patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company
to inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing
work.Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating
careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in
everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace,
in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to
deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the
world.Base Salary Range: $79,800.00 to $114,000.00 Employees may
also be eligible for Short Term and Long-Term Incentive benefits.
Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision,
Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays,
Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid
Volunteer Time Off.The final salary offered for this position may
take into account many factors including location, skills,
education, and experience.This posting excludes Colorado
applicants.#GMSGQ#ZR1EEO StatementTakeda is proud in its commitment
to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national
origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or
characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran,
special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance
with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other
characteristic protected by law.LocationsUSA - CA - Thousand Oaks -
ManufacturingWorker TypeEmployeeWorker Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull
Keywords: Takeda, Thousand Oaks , Senior Automation Engineer, Engineering , Thousand Oaks, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...