Company: Laurel Springs School
Posted on: January 9, 2022
The Placement Manager, part of the School Counseling Department,
manages Placement Counselors and other reporting staff, as well as
oversees and assists with the completion of ethical reviews and
documentation of student requirements from official records and
homeschool evaluations in support of confirming full-time student
admission and creating course schedules. Additionally, this
position represents the School Counseling Department both
internally and externally.
- Promote a positive school culture focused on the unique needs
and educational environment of online/distance students.
- Support programs known in the educational arena to accommodate
circumstances that are unique to the diverse school population
while ensuring ethical review and documentation of student
requirements on an official transcript.
- Oversee and assist with the international transcript
translation and evaluation process, as well as the process to
confirm English language proficiency.
- Manage and assist with the homeschool evaluation process and
review of assessments.
- Supervise and assist with the admission of full-time students
including the creation of all academic plans for new students and
the re-admission and course schedules for full-time students in
- Ensure that academic standards and requirements for college
acceptance and NCAA eligibility are addressed in students'
- Collect data and monitor control processes and the associated
internal systems, proposing recommendations and supporting updates
and enhancements as released.
- Resolve situations that require analytical, interpretive,
evaluative, and constructive thinking.
- Collaborate with other leaders and teams across the school and
business to enhance offerings, solve problems, and provide
- Provide support for prospective and enrolled students and their
parents, as well as faculty and staff during office hours.
- Assist the Dean of Students in the selection of appropriate
individuals for the School Counseling Department.
- Manage and supervise Placement Counselors and other reporting
- Create and lead the onboarding of new staff members.
- Assist with and lead projects and initiatives, including
- Represent the school in meetings and at conferences.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Experience & Credentials:
Bachelor's degree required; Master's preferred.
Minimum 2 years experience in an academic environment.
Minimum 1 year managing a team.
General understanding of educational procedures in relation to
student schedules and academic plans required.
Experience with academic placement required.
Experience using Google Suite preferred..
Possess basic math skills.
Analytical, interpretive, evaluative, and constructive thinking
Communication & Interpersonal Skills:
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Creative problem solver.
Laurel Springs School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
encouraged to apply.*
Keywords: Laurel Springs School, Thousand Oaks , Placement Manager, Executive , Ojai, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!