Senior Operations Project Manager
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posted on: September 24, 2022
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge.
About the role: As the Senior Operations Project Manager, you will
provide business and technical leadership for multiple
high-priority, high-value, complex projects requiring
cross-functional leadership. You will report to the Senior Project
analyst. Such projects may include new product introductions, tech
transfers, Operational Excellence/Capital Projects (OpEx/CapEx)
improvements, and miscellaneous projects.
How you will contribute:
- Accountable for overall project performance to meet customer
and partner expectations. This includes daily management of
operational aspects of assigned projects, integration of project
activities, project resourcing, financial achievement, meeting
scope, EHS compliance, and on-time completion.
- Contribute to strategic portfolio management processes to
ensure continued project understanding of site goals.
- Develop and implement new processes requiring cross-functional
input and development of technologies.
- Use experience and in-depth knowledge of the Project Management
Methodology (PMM) to manage a variety of complex, high value
- Guide implementation of projects from initiation through
delivery by developing strategy, schedules/work plans, clear
direction, resource planning, risk identification / mitigation,
budgets, and financial analysis.
- Adjust work plans to meet changing requirements.
- Provide regular project updates to all levels of management
(PMO leadership, Sr Leadership Team, customers, team members, and
- Make launch/go-live date commitments to the business based on
anticipated cash flows and manage team member expectations about
deliverables during the project.
- Ensure project documentation is complete, current, and
- Review project deliverables prepared by team before passing to
- Prepare for project engagement reviews and quality assurance
- Provide financial analysis and justification for new
- Lead cross functional teams in complex assignments on a
- Maximize our results through continuous improvement in
organization's ability to execute projects and programs from
initiation to completion and production scale-up.
- Provide business and technical leadership for new products or
- Provide input to the project prioritization process and
participate in other important strategic portfolio processes to
ensure prioritization and funding to support site goals.
- Participate in the evaluation and feasibility process for
- Be a promoter of the site's Project Management Methodology and
associated PMO processes.
- Ensure project dates are met.
- Knowledge of CGMP manufacturing.
- Knowledge of basic laboratory and pharmaceutical production
equipment including autoclaves, process tanks, incubators,
analytical equipment, and CIP/SIP systems.
- Experience with Project Management processes.
What you bring to Takeda:
- Bachelor's degree in science, engineering, or another related
- At least 5 years of experience managing projects in the
- PMP, IPMA, or equivalent certification.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and
Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable
- Family Planning Support
- Professional development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
Important Considerations At Takeda, our patients rely on us to
deliver quality products. As a result, we must follow strict rules
in our manufacturing facilities to ensure we are not endangering
the quality of the product. You may:
- The physical exertion for this position is sedentary work -
- May carry project-related files.
- Majority of time will be spent inside (normal office
- Occasional outdoor work (industrial project site).
- Pace may be fast and job completion demands may be
- May work more than 8 hours a day and 40-hours per
- May work in a controlled environment requiring special gowning
and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and
body. This may include additional hearing protection for loud
- Will need to remove all make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail
polish and artificial fingernails while in the manufacturing
- May work in a cold, hot or wet environment.
- May work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, buffers and
Celite that may require respiratory protection.
More about us: At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through
the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and the best
patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company to
inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating
careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in
everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace,
in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to
deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the
This posting excludes Colorado applicants.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce
and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship
status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status,
status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other
protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and
local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
USA - CA - Thousand Oaks - Rancho Conejo
Keywords: Takeda, Thousand Oaks , Senior Operations Project Manager, Executive , Thousand Oaks, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!