Store Manager - Newbury Park
Company: The Salvation Army
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posted on: September 24, 2022
DescriptionABOUT THE ARCThe Salvation Army (TSA) Adult
Rehabilitation Center (ARC) is a no-fee program to assist men &
women in their journey to complete our rehabilitation program. We
are grateful for the contributions our valued employees make toward
the maintenance and effectiveness of the programs. The organization
is indebted to and dependent on the diligence and devotion of its
employees.ABOUT OUR RETAIL TEAMBecome part of the dedicated Retail
Team at The Salvation Army! Together we can continue to serve and
impact our local community, through the commitment to Do The Most
Good at our Newbury Park Thrift Store, which supports the Adult
Rehabilitation Program. This is an opportunity to promote a
positive shopping/donor experience, enhance customer service,
problem-solving and teamwork skills, while contributing to the
success of our Program and its participants. EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
- Opportunity for career growth
- Paid time off
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Monthly management incentive bonus
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)As our enthusiastic and
hardworking STORE MANAGER, you will be responsible for (but not
- Planning and directing the daytoday operations of assigned
- Developing strategies to improve customer service, drive store
sales and increase profitability as projected by budget and
- Ensures Customer/Donor needs are met by maintaining good
Customer/Donor/Community relations; complaints are resolved; and
service is quick and efficient.
- Scheduling Store Employees to ensure appropriate coverage in
store and donation center. Coordinate daily morning and shift
change team meetings.
- Supervise employees in performance of duties to ensure
compliance with published directives and guidelines.
- Responsible for interviewing and processing for hiring new
- Provide training for new personnel on store policies and
- Responsible for issuing disciplinary warnings, conference
reports, employee evaluations and goals.
- Ensures store is maintained and adequate inventory levels on
hand. Ensure timely completion of regular and accurate Rag Out from
the sales floor.
- BRP (Back Room Processing) - Ensuring that Material Handlers
are working effectively and efficiently to meet daily processing
- Responsible for adequate amount of change at the beginning of
each day, always safeguarding cash in registers and safe and
banking of cash receipts as per ARCC policy.
- Responsible for processing of paperwork, especially as it
relates to Time and Attendance compliance.
- Attends Monthly District Meetings and responsible for Store
Monthly Meetings to keep personnel informed of new policies and
- Assures that safety measures are established and maintained
consistent. Conducts Weekly Store Meetings with store team.
- Implement appropriate loss prevention measures.
- Perform other written and/or verbal duties as may be assigned
by Management.Qualifications to be considered for this position:
- High School diploma/GED or equivalent.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years previous Retail
- Must be able to accurately handle POS/Cash Register operations
and cash transactions.
- Must hold a valid Drivers license, be able to show proof of
- Must pass background check, which will include Criminal History
and Sex Offender Registry.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, fellow
store employees, customers, and donors. Physical Demands:
- Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and
twist on an intermittent or continuous basis.
- Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file
cabinet drawers, clothing carts, merchandise carts, rolling
clothing racks, fixtures, furniture dollies, platform trucks and
carts, hand trucks and miscellaneous carts.
- Ability to move product up to 50lbs.
- Ability to perform various repetitive motion tasks.
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable
accommodationSchedule Our stores operate 7 days per week. Work
schedules are determined by Management and employee must be
flexible to always ensure adequate store coverage. Full-time
associates may be scheduled to work any full-time shift including
evenings, weekends, and holidays.The Salvation Army will comply
with all governmental orders and any contractual obligations
relative to COVID-19 safety measures, including mandatory
vaccination of staff, if required. The Salvation Army
- High School or Equivalent or betterEqual Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: The Salvation Army, Thousand Oaks , Store Manager - Newbury Park, Executive , Thousand Oaks, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!