Associate Director of Finance
Company: Capsida Biotherapeutics
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posted on: November 19, 2022
We are a fully integrated AAV engineering and gene therapy
company spun out of the Gradinaru lab at Caltech, pioneering the
next generation therapies with life-changing potential for patients
with grievous unmet medical needs. Our pipeline harnesses the
transformative power of advanced molecular and sequencing
technologies to engineer adeno-associated viral capsids for
efficient and specific delivery to therapeutic targets throughout
the body. We leverage our proprietary high-throughput, data science
driven AAV engineering platform to create viral vectors with
cell-type and tissue level specificity, overcoming many of the
biological limitations of early gene therapy efforts. Combined with
our in-house preclinical and manufacturing expertise, we are
positioned to create the next generation of AAV delivered gene
therapies, dramatically changing the lives of patients.We are
founded on the idea that diverse backgrounds and skill sets combine
to create an environment that stimulates innovation and creativity,
enabling us to grow into a leader in the gene therapy space. Our
leadership team is comprised of the scientific founders that
developed the underlying intellectual property, and experienced
industry veterans with a track record for bringing transformative
drugs to market. Our research and development labs, offices, and
manufacturing space are located in Thousand Oaks, California, near
the Amgen campus. Associate Director of FinanceThe Associate
Director, Finance will focus on supporting our Discovery, Research
and Development related departments. This role will oversee
forecasting and accounting for the aforementioned departments and
support other finance related activities where needed. The ideal
candidate is forward thinking, organized, a multi-tasker with
strong interpersonal skills and who will share our commitment to
professionalism and hard work in a harmonious, start-up
environment. The position is seen as a leader in the Company.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Prepare forecasts (and presentations) for the research and
development (R&D) related departments and present to internal
- Assist with the preparation, management and review of Board of
- Analyze the Company's financial results with respect to
financial trends, costs, and compliance with R&D budgets.
- Work with internal clients and other team members to understand
cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking.
- Develop key financial models and issue ad hoc financial reports
to senior management.
- Ensure that R&D records are maintained in accordance with
generally accepted accounting principles.
- Assist in the preparation and/or review of certain journal
entries and account reconciliations.
- Other finance and administrative duties as required. Essential
- 7 plus years of accounting, forecasting and financial
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business. CPA
and/or MBA preferred
- Experience working in a growing start up environment
- Demonstrated experience in forecasting, financial modeling,
accounting and associated analytics
- Ability to work without direct supervision, and efficiently
manage tasks and time
- Collaborative mindset, experience working as part of a group to
achieve company goals.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability
- Willingness to learn, grow, and contribute to team-wide
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office/360 (e.g., Excel, Word, and
Outlook) are requiredPreferred Qualifications
- Familiarity with drug development a plus
- Experience with Planful a plus
- Experience with NetSuite a plus
- Experience with Coupa a plusCompensation and Benefits: The
well-being of our employees and their families is of the highest
importance. As such, we offer a competitive salary and exceptional
benefits, including generous stock options, medical, dental,
vision, disability, life insurance, and significant PTO.
Additionally, we offer:
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Social lunches, happy hours, and other events on a regular
basis We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be
considered for employment without attention to age, race, color,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
veteran or disability status, or any classification protected by
federal, state, or local laws.
Keywords: Capsida Biotherapeutics, Thousand Oaks , Associate Director of Finance, Executive , Thousand Oaks, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!