Registered Nurse (RN) in Torrance, CA- Sign-On Bonus for FT and PT
Company: Hire Velocity
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Psychiatric-Mental Health opening in Torrance, California. This
and other rn jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com
REGISTERED NURSE (RN) - FULL TIME Day, Evening and Night Shifts
Staff and Charge RN's provide safe and effective nursing care in
the assigned area(s) in a manner consistent with the philosophy and
objectives of the Hospital and within the framework of established
policies and procedures of the Department of Nursing Services. As a
key team member in the clinical area, the Staff and Charge RN's
promote a climate of effective performance and learning through
role modeling, willingness to learn and teach, and availability to
patients and staff including but not limited to:
- Organize and direct care of patients, setting priorities and
formulating assignments to include the most skilled staff to care
for the most acutely ill patients.
- Ensure staff complete assigned duties & patient care
responsibilities during the assigned shift.
- Provide thorough unit orientation to new staff.
- Staff Nurse functions as Charge Nurse when assigned.
- Assess each patient, complete plan of care, formulates a
nursing diagnosis based upon assessment findings.
- Document patient behavior, condition, and care in an accurate,
timely and legible manner on all assigned patients, including in RN
progress notes and pertinent graphics every shift.
- Provide shift report using concise, meaningful language with
all pertinent information, including patient name, diagnosis,
physician, precautions, and levels of supervision, legal status,
and discharge status, if known.
- Follow safety procedures. Utilize appropriate observation level
for patient: Q15 minute checks, 1:1 monitoring, and/or specific
- Provide nursing care, within the scope of practice, to meet the
unique needs of each patient.
- Actively attend and encourage participation of patients in
- Anticipate emergent situations; intervene early and
- Intervene in managing complex patient care situations,
utilizing departmental policies and procedures that promote the
most therapeutic alternatives. Prioritize interventions in rapidly
changing patient situations.
Education: Graduate of accredited nursing school required.
Credentials: Licensure by the California Board of Registered
Experience: Clinical experience in a psychiatric setting
- Must be able to interact positively with patients on a daily
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership ability and provide
appropriate supervision/oversight of staff.
- Must be able to work successfully under highly stressful
- Must be able to make sound, independent judgments based on
scientific and/or ethical principles.
- Must be able to comprehend and perform oral and written
instructions and procedures.
- Must be able to collaborate with other multidisciplinary team
members in an appropriate fashion.
- Must be capable of adapting to varying workloads and work
assignments on a constant basis.
- Must have math skills to enable calculation of drug dosages and
- Competitive Compensation & Generous Paid Time Off
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug
- 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
- Education Assistance up to $5,250.00 annually – Eligibility at
6 months of hire date
- Monthly Loan Reimbursement ProgramL
- SoFi Student Loan Refinance Program
- New Employee Bonus Program
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Career development opportunities
Keyphrases: psychiatry jobs, psychiatrist jobs, psychologist jobs,
psychiatric nurse practitioner jobs
Keywords: Hire Velocity, Thousand Oaks , Registered Nurse (RN) in Torrance, CA- Sign-On Bonus for FT and PT, Healthcare , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!