Technical Services Engineer
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Port Hueneme
Posted on: March 15, 2023
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be
- Positions Available: 1 At Northrop Grumman, our employees have
incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that
impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations
to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be
at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's
history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to
stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who
have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces
to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture
thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing
your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do
what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of
history, they're making history.
Working in Northrop Grumman Mission Systems means making a direct
contribution to mission projects that keep our homeland safe,
expanding the boundaries of possibility and reshaping the world we
live in. Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking an Engineer
Technical Services position that will be functioning as a Mission
Module (MM) equipment Subject Matter Expert (SME) supporting the
Littoral Combat Ship Mission Package Design, Engineering,
Production and Sustainment (DEP&S) Program. This position will
serve as technical lead for the planning, logistics, lifecycle
support, integration, and modernization of highly specialized ISO
Support Containers (SCs) and other peculiar support equipment
(PSE). What You'll Get To Do: The Technical Services Engineer will
support the operations of the Mission Package Support Facility
(MPSF) in planning and executing Surface Warfare (SUW),
Antisubmarine Warfare (ASW) and Mine Countermeasures (MCM) Mission
Modules (MMs) lifecycle sustainment both ashore and aboard LCS
Class Ships. Plans sequence of assembly, installation, repair and
other maintenance functions relating to all assigned equipment.
Plans detailed operations from blueprints, engineering orders,
change notices, technical manuals and other engineering releases.
Maintains progress reports, schedules, and other related records.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Developing and maintaining close working relationships and
liaise with other organizations within the Northrop Grumman
Corporation and NAVSEA enterprises to develop and deliver
comprehensive schedules and project plans/tasks.
- Manage and work with government, military and staff on
milestones and assist with schedule development, preparing
correspondence and reports of a technical nature and other duties
as required supporting a collaborative team process.
- Ensure major projects and program schedules and plans are
integrated across functional groups including training, operations,
material, and quality.
- Research parts for technicians and customer
- Review and coordinates with logistics personnel to provide
feedback to equipment Allowable Parts Lists (APLs).
- Provide technical advice and guidance on installation,
adaptation, configuration or enhancement of company technical
products, programs and systems.
- Provide expertise for resolving technical problems,
troubleshoots product and modifies product to customer
- Provide recommendations for MM Engineering Change Proposals
- Develop Supplier Statements of Work (SSOW) for repair and
overhaul of MM equipment using manuals and engineering
- Understanding and utilizing Navy programs of record to include
Maintenance Figure of Merit (MFOM) Automated Work Number (AWN) Job
development and management.
- Candidate will be required to perform physically demanding
work, to include working in tight, restricted access quarters
onboard a US Navy warship, climbing 20 feet ladders and standing
for long periods of time on a Navy ship or pier. Basic
- 2 years experience with Bachelors in Science or related STEM
degree; 0 Years with Masters (4 additional years of experience in
lieu of a degree)
- At a minimum, must have previously held an Active DOD Secret
Clearance within the last 2 years or must have an Interim DoD
Secret Clearance which requires US citizenship.
- Must have experience reading/utilizing engineering
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a STEM field.
- Experience with equipment logistics, technical manuals, oversee
parts ordering system, quality control inspections
- Ability to generate and assign work and supervise all personnel
in/around shop operation areas
- MFOM/AWN Job Development and Management (or equivalent USN
- Ability to conduct and report on technical review of work
- Experience in embarking/debarking LCS Class MPs
- Experience performing or supportingQuality Assurance
verification on production end items.
- Supervisor's knowledge of the SUW, MCM and ASW systems and
inter-workings of the LCS Class MM program
- Knowledge of and experience with working within the LCS/MM
programmatic and operational management environment (i.e.,
experience working within the NAVSEA PMS 420 and LCSRON
- Working knowledge of Navy Modernization process to include
- Experience in Navy maintenance to include Ship's Maintenance
and Material Management (3M), Preventive Maintenance, Corrective
Maintenance and loading and unloading equipment from Navy ships
Salary Range: $77,100 USD - $115,700 USD Employees may be eligible
for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses
are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow
employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President
or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In
addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including
health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings
plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation
and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees
and their families is a top priority. The company encourages
employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S.
Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be
vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious
accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government
action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate
under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions
that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and
paid time off.Did you know?Northrop Grumman leads the industry team
for NASA's James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex
and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021,
the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology,
and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our
understanding of the universe.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Thousand Oaks , Technical Services Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Port Hueneme, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...