Full Stack Software Engineer (US Remote)
Company: Amgen Inc. (IR)
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Full Stack Software Engineer (US Remote) page is loaded Full
Stack Software Engineer (US Remote) Apply locations US - California
- Thousand Oaks US - Florida - Tampa time type Full time posted on
Posted 2 Days Ago job requisition id R-167538 Career
CategoryInformation SystemsJob Description HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY
IMAGINATION ? You've worked hard to become the professional you are
today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How
will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward
your goals? At Amgen, our shared mission-to serve patients-drives
all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world's
leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients
worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative,
driven professionals in this meaningful role. Specialist Software
Engineer (US Remote) Live What you will do Let's do this. Let's
change the world. In this vital role you will assume a meaningful
role in improving the Model N SaaS Platform and its modules,
including Validata. Your profound expertise in Agile/SAFe
methodologies and automation will play a vital role as we
relentlessly strive to empower businesses with state-of-the-art,
efficient, and data-driven technology. If you have a genuine
passion for software engineering, a strong desire to make a
significant impact, and thrive in a collaborative environment, we
extend a warm invitation for you to join us in revolutionizing our
Revenue Management System. Together, we can shape the future of our
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and refine software as
part of Contracts and Pricing ecosystem.
- Champion Agile/SAFe methodologies in all stages of the project
lifecycle, promoting iterative development and team
- Design, develop, and maintain automated test scripts to ensure
the quality and reliability of Model N and connecting interfaces
and integrations, utilizing industry-standard tools and
- Drive the automation of build and deployment processes to
enhance efficiency and elevate code quality, ensuring streamlined
and reliable software delivery.
- Take an active role as a member of an Agile product team,
fostering collaboration with cross-functional teams to deeply
comprehend the technology vital to tackle sophisticated
- Develop high-quality code with an emphasis on stability,
performance, and maintainability, using automation where
- Engage in system performance optimization, incorporating
automation to increase efficiency.
- Participate in code and design reviews to maintain high
development standards, advocating for automation best
- Stay updated with new technologies and industry trends to bring
innovation and fresh ideas to our platform.
- Resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and
investigation, employing automated testing for quality
- Spearheading the rapid prototyping and scaling of automation
across products and processes. Drive the establishment of robust
test automation pipelines within standard DevOps frameworks,
ensuring efficient and reliable software delivery at scale. Win
What we expect of you We are all different, yet we all use our
unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek
will have these qualifications. Basic Qualifications: Doctorate
degree OR Master's degree and 3 years of software engineering
experience Or Bachelor's degree and 5 software engineering
experience Or Associate's degree and 10 years of software
engineering experience Or High school diploma / GED and 12 years of
software engineering experience Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in Global Commercial Pharmaceuticals, Biotech,
and/or Life Sciences; Knowledge of Master Data Management (MDM),
Model N, Validata, Tableau Reporting and Salesforce
- Demonstrable experience / knowledge of all areas of IT (e.g.,
DevOps, Application Development, Data Management and Cloud
- Proven experience as a Software Engineer or similar role in a
software development environment.
- Develop, configure, and integrate solutions across technologies
including Databricks, EKS, S3, Lambda, RDS, Redshift, Docker,
Kubernetes, Dash, etc.
- Strong programming skills, preferably in Java, C++, Python, or
other general- purpose programming languages.
- Experience with Agile/SAFe methodologies and principles.
- Proficient in automation tools and frameworks, and familiar
with DevOps principles.
- Experience with databases, both SQL and NoSQL.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think
- Proficiency in software engineering tools and in the software
development life cycle.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to optimally
articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- Familiarity with containerization technologies and cloud
computing platforms (e.g., AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure).
- Knowledge of revenue management, billing systems, financial
systems, or similar domains is a plus.
- Experience with microservices architecture Thrive What you can
expect of us As we work to develop treatments that take care of
others, we also work to care for our teammates' professional and
personal growth and well-being. The annual base salary range for
this opportunity in the U.S. is $113,402-$149,536 USD In addition
to the base salary, Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising
health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents,
financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or
other goals, work/life balance, and career development
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement
and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group
medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance,
and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales
representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock -based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where
possible Apply now for a career that defies imagination Objects in
your future are closer than they appear. Join us. careers.amgen.com
.Salary Range113,402.00 USD - 149,536.00 USD Similar Jobs (1)
Specialist Software Engineer (US Remote) locations 2 Locations time
type Full time posted on Posted 30+ Days Ago About Us Amgen is
committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients
suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing,
manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This
approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to
unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals
of human biology.Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need
and leverages its biologics manufacturing expertise to strive for
solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve
people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown
to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology
companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is
developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.For
more information, visit www.amgen.com -and follow us on
Keywords: Amgen Inc. (IR), Thousand Oaks , Full Stack Software Engineer (US Remote), IT / Software / Systems , Thousand Oaks, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!