Human Resources Generalist
Company: Athens Services
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Overview & Essential Job Functions
The Human Resources Generalist will report to the Vice President
of Human Resources and will work with the HR Department staff as
well as Operations leaders to achieve and maintain the
organization's goals and objectives. The Human Resources Generalist
will provide direct field support in a fast-paced service
environment. The Human Resources Generalist will be responsible for
both strategic and tactical HR and Employee Relations
Essential Job Functions:
- Support organizational change through direct participation in
communication, planning and project management in partnership with
- Develop & deliver human resources programs, processes &
procedures at assigned location.
- Conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude
toward organizational objectives.
- Maintain HRIS & Payroll compliance record keeping to include
statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as
hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism
- Organize and maintain all employee personnel files.
- Verify and confirm division hours to assist in processing
- Enter and verify time-off requests, non-scheduled time off,
personal changes, salary changes, and other changes as needed.
- Conduct exit interviews to identify reasons for employee
termination and make recommendations that improve retention and
- Acts as a consultant/advisor for managers and employees
regarding employee relations and performance issues through one on
one, small group and/or department meetings. Manages the corrective
- Responsible for developing and implementing employee
communication strategies to create and maintain an environment that
delivers desired business results and supports employee engagement.
Involved in the development, planning, implementation and
administration of employee relations policies and procedures.
- Actively scan the environment (audit) to insure a positive
workplace for all employees.
- Investigate and resolve employee concerns and complaints in
partnership and collaboration with local management team.
- Identify and resolve all at-risk conditions in partnership with
HR staff and management.
- Provide specific advisement to managers in order to improve
- Ensures compliance with federal and state laws governing
various aspects of human resources including staffing, employee
relations, leaves of absence, FMLA, ADA/ADAAA, workers compensation
and enforcement of policies and procedures.
- Manages EEOC/DFEH and DLSE cases, conducts investigations and
responds to agencies. Attends DLSE hearings on behalf of the
- Conduct recruitment efforts for both exempt and nonexempt
- Conduct orientations, corrective actions, training programs &
- Represent Athens in a professional manner at all times with
employees, vendors, suppliers, etc., and performs other job related
duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Environmental Demands
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 5 - 10 years HR experience within the transportation, waste, or
- Bilingual - English/Spanish
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications; Word, Excel,
- Ability to work extended workdays, weekends, and travel locally
as needed to support business needs.
- Exceptional verbal/written communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge in HRIS and Applicant Tracking
- Extensive knowledge in investigative reporting.
- Advanced knowledge in employee relations.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with Management and/or Human
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with
or without reasonable accommodations.
- Master's Degree.
- PHR Certification.
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive benefit package Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Career plan
- Recognition programs
- Professional development learning
- An exceptional work environment
Athens will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and any
other applicable state, federal or local laws.
Keywords: Athens Services, Thousand Oaks , Human Resources Generalist, Other , Thousand Oaks, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!