This recruitment serves to establish an eligibility list from
which all arising vacancies will be filled. Immediate position
needs includes: 5.5hrs/day - Work Year is -209 paid days Mid August
to mid June.
Holidays: 13 paid holidays; Vacation: 10 days of vacation for
the first four years
Under general direction of a certificated administrator and
general supervision of a certificated school nurse, provide
specialized health care services to students, including
administration of medical procedures such as, but not limited to:
catheterization, insulin and medication administration, and related
DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTIC BETWEEN RELATED CLASSES
A Licensed Vocational Nurse possesses a California Vocational
Nurse License and performs specialized physical heath care
procedures requiring technical manual skills under the direction of
a registered nurse (RN), with a major differences between LVN and
RN being in the areas of teaching, supervision, independent
function, and the authority to assess and plan a course of
A Health Clerk performs the less technical health related
services at a designated school site that are not subject to State
and/or Federal licensing/certification requirements.
Complete the ONLINE application by clicking the "Apply" link at
the top of the page. Be sure your application reflects all relevant
experience, paid or volunteer. Attach a supplemental resume or
other description of experience if it is not adequately described
on your application.
Structured Oral Interview - (Date to be determined.) You will be
notified of the date if you are selected for an interview.
- The structured oral interview will contain questions that
assess technical knowledge and experience, and one's general
fitness for successful performance in the position.
- A score will be computed based on the oral examination.
Applicants must receive a passing score (70%) to be placed on the
MINIMUM ENTRANCE QUALIFICATIONS
One (1) year of professional experience in public or private
health setting as a Licensed Vocational Nurse.
- Alternate variations of education/experience may be considered
by Personnel Commission staff as acceptable to qualify for
participation in the examination process resulting in an
eligibility list.When appropriate additional work experience beyond
the minimum requirement may be supplemented for required minimum
- California Board of Vocational Nursing Vocational Nurse License
- California Board of Nursing - Registered Nurse (RN)
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification issued by a
recognized first-aid training program
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Certification issued by
a recognized first-aid training program
- First Aid Certification issued by a recognized first-aid
- Valid California Class C Driver's License
JOB COMPETENCIES: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Administer prescribed medications according to physician's and
parent's instructions; dispense medications based on established
District procedures and/or as directed; maintain related records
- Assess students' medical conditions; administer minor first aid
to ill and injured children; distribute adhesive bandages, ice and
compresses as necessary; evaluate emergency situations; perform
routine first aid and CPR/AED as needed.
- Establish and maintain cumulative health and immunization
record files for each student; reconcile student health records
with student enrollment records; review immunization records and
maintain related data.
- Maintain inventory and order first aid supplies; distribute
first aid kits to appropriate site or office location; requisition
health office supplies as necessary.
- Respond to parent and staff inquiries by interpreting and
explaining applicable laws, codes, rules, programs and
- Assist in compiling data for State, County and District reports
of site health issues including results on screenings, vision and
hearing reports, annual immunization records and annual physical
examination records; preparing list of students with health
problems and students exempt for physical education
- Prepare and distribute a variety of health-related reports,
notices and referrals; type a variety of lists, forms, records,
notices and correspondence; maintain confidentiality of student
medical and health information.
- Assist in the preparation, arrangements and implementation of
health testing programs and immunizations; maintain related
- Assist with the care of special need students as directed.
- Attend meetings and conferences related to assigned
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.