Associate Director, Ops Strategic Planning
Company: Atara Biotherapeutics
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Associate Director, Operations Strategic Management (OSM) is a
Project Manager position within the Technical Operations business
unit. The Project Manager OSM will be responsible for planning,
executing, and finalizing projects according to strict deadlines
and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and
coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party
contractors or consultants to deliver projects according to plan.
This position will eventually mange a team of junior project
managers and associates. The Project Manager, OSM will also define
the project's objectives and oversee quality assurance throughout
its life cycle. Types of projects in this role include new product
introductions and significant improvement projects having
significant regulatory impact.
Reports to: Director, Operations Strategic Management
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Travel: Travel is not frequently required (<5%)
- This role coordinates, supports, and assists all aspects of
complex, cross-functional projects, from original concept through
the final implementation on the shop floor, ensuring governance
process adherence, project continuity, and stakeholder management.
The incumbent develops project budgets, timelines, and risk
assessments and is responsible for performance against these
parameters; actively monitors and reports on project status, risks
and decisions required and highlights assumptions and unknowns to
ensure full transparency
- This role presents reports and the status of the work packages,
communicate technical aspects of transfer and Quality needs to
those not familiar with the process, and work closely with the
Program/Project Managers (P/PM) from other departments to establish
timelines and ensure that products/processes are compliant with
company quality standards
- Manage and track project tasks completion by driving
accountability. Manage project efforts associated with functions
such as Process Development, Analytical Development, Manufacturing,
Quality, and Supply Chain
- Partner with aforementioned functions to develop Statements of
Work (SOW) contracts for partnered programs. Work with subject
matter experts, legal, finance as required to define scope and
budget, facilitate the negotiation and execution of SOWs
- Own functional and/or PT project meetings and sub-teams by
managing meeting schedules, agenda, minutes, action items list,
Gantt charts and timelines. Partnering with project sponsors to
periodically update project dashboards for communication.
- Work with the project leads and teams to identify and mitigate
risks to meeting project and problem solving schedules by driving
scenario planning and escalates to impacted area leads.
- Conduct lessons learned sessions to identify areas for
improvement and maintain tracker for implementation of short and
longer-term corrective and improvement measures into standard
project management practices.
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and facilitation, of junior team
members and drive leadership.
- Contribute to the standardization of the project management
best practices and seeking opportunities to harmonize processes and
systems across programs.
- Master's degree with 8+ years of directly related experience OR
Bachelor's degree and 12+ years of directly related experience,
preferably in a science related field
- Prefer 8+ years of experience in the Biopharma industry
- Demonstrate ability to lead and work in a team environment to
develop, implement and deliver on project goals.
- Strong knowledge with MS Office applications, MS Project,
SharePoint and Document Management System.
- PMP certification is preferred but not required.
- Good verbal and written skills. Must be able to articulate
issues and solutions to the team and upper management.
- Good leadership and team building skills capable of leading
diverse multidisciplinary teams.
- Good leadership presence with ability to inspire and motivate a
team and attract, develop, and retain strong talents.
- Demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and
capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate
with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of
other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business
- Strong understanding of pharmaceutical and/or biopharmaceutical
- Knowledge of GxPs, FDA guidelines, and other relevant
international and domestic regulations.
- Ability to manage mid-size to complex projects with ambitious
milestones in high pressure circumstances.
- Excellent project management skills; highly organized and
- Flexible, with positive attitude, and highly self-motivated.
Can work independently, able to prioritize, and works effectively
- Facilitate solutions to complex problems which requires the use
of ingenuity, innovation, and creativity
- Displays strong initiative and commitment to the successful,
on-time completion of projects
- Produce high quality project reports and presentations
- Establish & maintain communication and document sharing
structures (meeting invites, information distribution, shared
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
and in a timely manner.
- Self-motivated with a "can do" attitude.
- High bar personal ethics with a "patients first" value
- Recent experience with a smaller entrepreneurial environment is
- Role model for Atara's values.
More about Atara Bio
We launched Atara Biotherapeutics in August 2012 to help
patients with serious diseases and few therapeutic options. We are
considered a leading off-the-shelf T-cell immunotherapy company
(Nasdaq ATRA) developing novel treatments for patients with cancer,
autoimmune and viral diseases.
We're proud of our team of 425+ Atarians co-located by design in
4 different locations including South San Francisco (corporate
headquarters), Thousand Oaks (R&D and manufacturing
headquarters), Zug, Switzerland (european headquarters) and a
R&D site in the Denver, Colorado area. Our Southern California
hub is anchored by a new 90,000 sq. ft., state-of-the-art Atara
T-Cell Operations and Manufacturing (ATOM) facility. Our mission -
"Transform the lives of patients with serious medical conditions
through pioneering science, teamwork, and a commitment to
Our vision - "T-Cell Immunotherapy for every patient, any
Atara offers a competitive benefits packages that includes
medical/dental/vision benefits, life and disability, retirement and
stock program, as well as a generous paid time off and wellness
plan that supports the well-being of our staff. Visit
www.atarabio.com/careers to learn more.
Atara Bio is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment
decisions on the basis of merit and other lawful factors. In
accordance with applicable law, the Company prohibits
discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender
(including pregnancy, childbirth or medical condition related to
pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity, expression or dysphoria,
marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or
mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran
status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, transgender status or
any other classification protected by federal, state or local laws
or because of the individual's association with a member of a
protected group or connection to an organization or group related
to a protected group.We comply with all applicable national, state
and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as
employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration
and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work
for Atara Bio in the United States.
Keywords: Atara Biotherapeutics, Thousand Oaks , Associate Director, Ops Strategic Planning, Other , Thousand Oaks, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!