Director of Memory Support
Company: Milestone Retirement Communities
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Sage Mountain Senior Living offers Thousand Oaks seniors a
comfortable, homelike setting in an elegant environment.
If there comes a time when your mom or dad needs more help to
get through their day, Sage Mountain's assisted living care
services can help. In addition to the usual meals, activities, and
maintenance, your mom or dad can also get any combination of
support services like medication management, help with bathing and
dressing and incontinence management.
Now Hiring (FT) Memory Support Director!
The Memory Support Director is responsible for planning and
creating meaningful and enriching activities for the memory support
neighborhood of the community, creating monthly activities
calendars, managing staff, communication with medical professionals
and families about the needs and preferences of residents, and
maintaining regulatory compliance.
We utilize an In the Moment Memory Support Program to approach
caring for those with memory loss. We craft a personal, meaningful
experience every day. The In the Moment program philosophy does not
simply mean a scheduled activity on the calendar; we meet the
residents in the moment they are experiencing and engage them
kindly and compassionately to guide them through their day. In
short, In the Moment is more than a slogan; it is a feeling
throughout the community.
Check out our perks!
- Control Your Schedule: View your schedule, pick-up shifts &
request time off anytime, anywhere from the OnShift mobile
- Earn Rewards: Track your progress and earn award points for
clocking in & out on time, answering surveys and for other
contributions in the community.
- Provide Feedback: Answer short community surveys and provide
feedback about your day - all from your mobile phone.
What we offer you:
- A company that is growing so you can grow too
- An awesome team to work with
- Group Medical including dental and vision
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401K/Roth plan
- Perks and Discounts Program
- Travel Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Manage and create innovative activity programming for the
Memory Support neighborhood.
- Plan and create a monthly activities calendar.
- Communicate with medical professionals and families about the
needs of residents.
- Maintain compliance with all regulatory standards.
- Responsible for all local, state, and federal rules and
regulations as they apply to services delivered in Memory Support.
This involves staff selection, training and oversight, resident
care and documentation, compliance with HIPAA, OSHA, Blood Borne
Pathogen Guidelines, and any other rules that apply to Memory
- Foster teamwork with co-workers, show initiative in overcoming
obstacles, take actions which assists others beyond job
responsibilities, and have a positive impact on co-workers,
residents, and visitors.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
- Must have compassion for and desire to work with seniors!
- A genuine desire to advocate for those with a Dementia
diagnosis. 4+ years of Management experience with employee
oversight and customer relations preferred. 3+ years of experience
in a Dementia care setting preferred.
- Complimentary professional experience in recreation or
occupational therapy, art or music therapy, hospitality management,
teaching, coaching, health & wellness or related fields are
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate or
Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred in a field related to the
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong
interpersonal skills, and positive community relations skills are
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug
Apply with your resume and cover letter TODAY to schedule your
interview for this exciting opportunity! Please DO NOT include the
date of your graduation, if applicable on your resume or
application. Thank you! #INDJXE
Keywords: Milestone Retirement Communities, Thousand Oaks , Director of Memory Support, Other , Thousand Oaks, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!