Associate Director, Procurement & Strategic Sourcing
Company: Atara Biotherapeutics
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posted on: May 3, 2021
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as
Associate Director, Procurement & Strategic Sourcing. The
successful candidate will lead sourcing and procurement activities
primarily in support of the Operations business function.
Responsibilities for this role will include sourcing category
strategy development and project execution. This role will be
hands-on reporting to our Senior Director, Procurement & Strategic
Sourcing. Activities will include category strategy development,
supply market analysis, sourcing project execution (e.g., RFI,
RFPs, RFQs), risk management, contract negotiations, and supplier
Reports to Sr. Director, Procurement & Strategic Sourcing
Location Thousand Oaks, CA or South San Francisco
Travel: Travel as required (up to 30%)
Key Responsibilities / Deliverables
- Develops and executes sourcing category strategies using data
analysis, risk assessments, internal customer needs and supplier
- Leads sourcing initiatives including requests for proposals,
supplier selection, and negotiations.
- Develops a deep understanding of business partner objectives to
ensure alignment with sourcing initiatives.
- Partners with Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Quality and Process
Sciences to develop business requirements and execute sourcing
- Designs and implements effective risk management programs.
- Develops sourcing strategies to ensure continuous supply with
minimal risk and improved pricing and product quality.
- Leads development and execution of a supplier relationship
- Drives continuous improvement within Sourcing and Procurement
processes by leveraging Operational Excellence tools and
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Life Sciences, or other
technical degree and 8+ years of relevant experience in the
biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry OR
- MBA and 6+ years of relevant experience in the biotechnology
and/or pharmaceutical industry
- Extensive experience leading sourcing initiatives of all kinds
(e.g., rapid sourcing, targeted negotiations, complex category
strategies, supplier relationship management, outsourcing)
- Self-motivated, flexible, and creative leader, able to
prioritize, multi-task, and work in a fast-paced and demanding
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, verbal, and written
- Outstanding strategic skills with the ability to transform
general goals into actionable plans.
- A true team player focused on adding value
- Experience with e-procurement and e-sourcing applications
(e.g., Ariba, Coupa, ScoutRFP, Workday, Zycus)
- Skilled negotiator with experience developing and executing
complex negotiation strategies
- Strong leadership presence with ability to garner respect
through sound technical analysis, business judgment and clear
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead, interact
with, influence, resolve conflict and drive decisions among
individuals from a variety of cultures and disciplines.
- Knowledge of SOX compliance requirements.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other relevant
- Role model for Atara TRAIT values (Transparency, Respect,
Accountability, Integrity, Trust
More about Atara Bio
We launched Atara Biotherapeutics in August 2012 to help
patients with serious diseases and few therapeutic options. We are
considered a leading off-the-shelf T-cell immunotherapy company
(Nasdaq ATRA) developing novel treatments for patients with cancer,
autoimmune and viral diseases.
We're proud of our team of 425+ Atarians co-located by design in
4 different locations including South San Francisco (corporate
headquarters), Thousand Oaks (R&D and manufacturing
headquarters), Zug, Switzerland (european headquarters) and a
R&D site in the Denver, Colorado area. Our Southern California
hub is anchored by a new 90,000 sq. ft., state-of-the-art Atara
T-Cell Operations and Manufacturing (ATOM) facility. Our mission -
"Transform the lives of patients with serious medical conditions
through pioneering science, teamwork, and a commitment to
Our vision - "T-Cell Immunotherapy for every patient, any
Atara offers a competitive benefits packages that includes
medical/dental/vision benefits, life and disability, retirement and
stock program, as well as a generous paid time off and wellness
plan that supports the well-being of our staff. Visit
www.atarabio.com/careers to learn more.
Atara Bio is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment
decisions on the basis of merit and other lawful factors. In
accordance with applicable law, the Company prohibits
discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender
(including pregnancy, childbirth or medical condition related to
pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity, expression or dysphoria,
marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or
mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran
status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, transgender status or
any other classification protected by federal, state or local laws
or because of the individual's association with a member of a
protected group or connection to an organization or group related
to a protected group.We comply with all applicable national, state
and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as
employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration
and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work
for Atara Bio in the United States.
Keywords: Atara Biotherapeutics, Thousand Oaks , Associate Director, Procurement & Strategic Sourcing, Other , Thousand Oaks, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!