Quality Systems Engineer
Company: Skyworks Solutions, Inc.
Location: thousand oaks
Posted on: May 3, 2021
If you are looking for a challenging and exciting career in the
world of technology, then look no further. Skyworks is an innovator
of high performance analog semiconductors whose solutions are
powering the wireless networking revolution. At Skyworks, you will
find a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on global
collaboration, minimal layers of management and the freedom to make
meaningful contributions in a setting that encourages creativity
and out-of-the-box thinking. Our work culture values diversity,
social responsibility, open communication, mutual trust and
respect. We are excited about the opportunity to work with you and
glad you want to be part of a team of talented individuals who
together can change the way the world communicates.
Requisition ID: 63882
The Quality Systems Engineer reports to the Director of Quality
Systems in planning, coordinating and directing the quality
assurance programs and systems designed to ensure outstanding
business performance, design and manufacturing consistent with
established standards by performing the duties listed below.
Position Main Responsibilities
Quality System Development, Deployment and Maintenance
- Ensure the integrity of the quality management systems
- Propose process improvement opportunities based on continued
analysis and monitoring of metrics, goals and objectives.
- Generate/maintain procedures, work instructions and forms, as
necessary to ensure standardization of practices across
- Work with the Director of Quality to incorporate necessary
automotive and IATF 16949 specific requirements and controls into
Skyworks Quality Management System
- Act as core business process coordinator to help lead IATF
16949 deployment across multiple sites. Support core business
process owners understanding, deployment and maintenance of QMS
related controls. Guide QMS users from designated site(s) to ensure
compliance to QMS related standards.
- Support improvement projects as needed (e.g. IATF 16949
deployment, customer specific requirements, etc.)
- Maintain local quality systems metrics monthly and manage
actions when corresponding goals are missed.
- Present applicable quality systems metrics and feedback to
Quality Systems Management and other management for routine
meetings and management reviews.
- Manage and maintain management review, operations review or
staff meetings minutes and issue associated action items for missed
- Chair Change Control Board and initiate Product Change
Notification (PCN) activities, as needed
- Provide QMS platform administrative support as needed (Doc
Control, CAR/PAR, Internal Audit, CCB).
- Manage and develop staff members (if applicable).
- Strong ability to review and comprehend quality system
- Extremely well organized and able to manage multiple tasks
- Superior communications skills. Must be able to communicate and
articulate thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely both verbally
and, in writing
- Strong problem-solving skills (5 why analysis, 8D, cause-effect
- Able to relate to individuals at different levels within the
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build
cross-functional teams and manage complex multi-tasked
- Some domestic and international travel required
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
Years of Experience
1 - 3 years of experience in Quality Systems deployment and
- Experience with ISO 9001 required
- Experience with IATF 16949 preferred
- Understanding Automotive Core Tools (Advanced Product Quality
Planning & Control Plan (APQP), Production Part Approval Process
(PPAP), Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Statistical
Process Control (SPC) and Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- Experience working in semiconductor design and manufacturing
- ASQ Certification (e.g. CQA, CQE, CQMgr) preferred
- Certified ISO 9001:2015 Auditor preferred
- Certified IATF 16949:2016 Auditor preferred
Skyworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Ventura
Nearest Secondary Market: Oxnard
Job Segment: Quality Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Systems
Engineer, Quality Manager, Engineering, Quality
Keywords: Skyworks Solutions, Inc., Thousand Oaks , Quality Systems Engineer, Other , thousand oaks, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!