Campus Safety Assistant-Elementary
Company: Conejo Valley Unified School District
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posted on: May 3, 2021
THE ELIGIBILITY LISTWILL BE VALID FOR 6 MONTHS
Under the supervision of site administrator, or designee,
provides supervision to students during periods of morning drop
off, recess, lunch, and end of day release; monitors parking areas
and guides parking lot traffic. Ensures students comply with the
health and safety regulations adopted by the District and the
respective school site.
DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS BETWEEN RELATED CLASSES
Positions allocated to the Campus Safety Assistant-Elementary
job class are responsible for campus supervision in lunch and
playground areas on an elementary school campus, while positions
allocated to the Campus Safety Assistant-Secondary job class are
primarily responsibility for student safety at a middle or high
- Patrol and monitor an assigned District school campus area
and/or property to maintain order, safetiy and security; monitor
walkways, lunch areas, restrooms, parking lots and play fields and
adjacent areas if assigned; supervise students inside classroom and
multipurpose room areas during non-instructional time during
raining days or as assigned.
- Assist students in the cafeteria in receipt of meals and/or
facilitate the formation of lunch lines; help younger students with
lunch trays, milk and condiments opening; ensure students are
eating in appropriate manner.
- Assist students with and participates in cleaning up lunch
areas including spills, disposing of trash, wiping tables.
- Assist in conflict resolution to resolve conflicts according to
established guidelines; intervene as necessary; advise students of
consequences of rules which are violated.
- Take action to prevent or break up fights and disturbances;
escort students to office for disciplinary action as
- Issues equipment approved for use in lunch time outdoor
activities; maintains reasonable order in games and play
- Evaluates student injuries, determines course of action,
performs minor first aid and completes required paperwork in
compliance with District policy(ies).
- Enforce school and District rules, regulations and policies for
the safety and security of students, staff and property; report
unusual activities or unauthorized persons on campus to appropriate
- Monitors campus for unauthorized personnel entry; checks for
visitors' passes and directs/escorts general public to the
administration office, in accordance with campus sign-in
- Encourages and promotes courtesy among students; reports cases
of unusual behavior or other problems; observes and reports safety
hazards; prevents students from engaging in unsafe activities.
- Identifies, corrects and/or reports safety hazards that may
compromise student/staff safety.
- Monitors parking lots for proper parking procedures and traffic
flow, opens and secures gates.
- Assists with crowd control at school events.
- Assists in custodial duties, may wipe tables and benches in
cafeteria and/or outside eating areas.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM ENTRANCE QUALIFICATIONS
Any combination of education and experience that will provide
the ability to meet the minimum qualifications and perform the
essential functions of the position will be qualifying. Some
experience working with school-aged children highly desirable.
First aid and CPR certification is highly desirable.
- Alternate variations of education/experience may be considered
by Personnel Commission staff as acceptable to qualify for
participation in the examination process resulting in an
eligibility list. When appropriate additional work experience
beyond the minimum requirement may be supplemented for required
minimum education requirements.
- Valid First-Aid and CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation)
Certificates shall be obtained for permanency in this
classification (within 6 months of employment) and must be renewed
as necessary during employment.
- Possession of an appropriate, valid driver's license.
JOB COMPETENCIES: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- General knowledge of campus safety and security;
- Age appropriate communication strategies;
- Fundamentals in first aide and response to various common
- Conflict resolution techniques amongst school-age
- District and school policies, rules and procedures;
- Health and safety regulation, including basic first aid, CPR,
AED and blood borne pathogens.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions;
- Be courteous and respectful of others;
- Exercise good judgment, exhibit integrity and
- Communicate and maintain cooperative working relationships with
those contacted in the course of work, including students;
- Work outdoors in all types of weather;
- Diffuse confrontations and discourage violence and
- Understand and respond appropriately to emergency
Keywords: Conejo Valley Unified School District, Thousand Oaks , Campus Safety Assistant-Elementary, Other , Thousand Oaks, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!