Job Coach, Individual Supported Employment
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Do you enjoy teaching others and seeing them succeed? Do you
like working independently? Are you passionate about empowering
people with disabilities to achieve their fullest potential?
PathPoint is seeking part-time and Full time Job Coaches to join
our Employment Services team in Ventura County, CA. As a Job Coach,
you will provide instruction, support, and supervision to adults
with mild to moderate disabilities inside and outside the
workplace. This is a part-time or Full time position for 15-40
hours per week and the schedule for this position varies; the
ability and willingness to work flexible hours including nights and
weekends is strongly preferred.
* Accompany individuals to various work sites in Ventura County;
observe their abilities, and identify any areas for improvement.
Provide feedback and assistance to increase productivity and
encourage positive work behavior.
* Coach and counsel individuals on workplace issues/concerns, and
advocate for them when needed.
* Assist individuals in completing work-related paperwork, such as
time cards, time off requests, tax forms, and benefits
* Maintain good relationships with employers and workplace
supervisors, and act as liaison between employers, workplace
supervisors, and individuals.
* Assist in developing and implementing an individualized plan for
coaching participants to work more independently, with the eventual
goal of complete self-sufficiency.
* Actively participate in meetings and discussions regarding
* Maintain daily logs and reports.
* High school diploma or GED is required. BA/BS in Education,
Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, or a related field is
* Prior experience supporting or instructing individuals with
disabilities is preferred.
* Ability to pass Live Scan DOJ fingerprint background check, TB
screening and basic health screening.
* Must have a valid driver's license with at least 5 years driving
history, a satisfactory driving record, and use of a vehicle with
current registration and insurance.
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with
individuals with disabilities, their family members, social
workers, employers, and others in a positive and constructive
* Optimistic attitude and ability to give encouraging verbal
* Strong computer skills, including MS Office, email, and
Compensation and Benefit Package: $15.00 per hour. Benefits for
Full time employees include medical, vision, dental, and
life/AD&D insurance; paid vacation, 10 holidays, and sick time;
wellness program with cash rewards; Flexible Spending Accounts;
403(b) retirement savings plan with employer match; free Employee
Assistance Program; and housing assistance.
About PathPoint: PathPoint, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
based in Santa Barbara, supports people in living the life they
choose. PathPoint partners with people with disabilities, people
with mental health diagnoses, and young adults to pursue their
hopes and dreams through strengthening workplace abilities,
building life skills, and developing meaningful relationships.
Founded in 1964, it offers services in five Central Coast and
Southern California counties: Kern, Los Angeles, San Luis Obispo,
Santa Barbara, and Ventura.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,
religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: PathPoint, Thousand Oaks , Job Coach, Individual Supported Employment, Other , Thousand Oaks, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!