Site Reliability Engineer III (SRE) - Cloud Architect
Company: Amgen Inc.
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posted on: May 3, 2021
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like you're part of something bigger, it's because
you are. At Amgen, our shared mission-to serve patients-drives all
that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world's leading
biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve
together-researching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better
products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. It's time
for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
SITE RELIABILITY ENGINEER III (Infrastructure Cloud
What you will do
Let's do this. Let's change the world. In this vital Site
Reliability Engineer III role you will be working on our core
DevSecOps framework and cloud provisioning platform to ensure they
deploy, operate, and are sustained to meet all SLAs and OLAs. Amgen
is currently building a team of SRE's who are joining our existing
DevSecOps software engineering team, in our Global Infrastructure
Site Reliability Engineering is a discipline that combines
software and systems engineering into its DNA. SRE is a passion for
automating the complexities of orchestrating and running cloud
application services. SRE's dislike doing things twice, so they
automate each step along the way! They have an attitude of
automating, deploying, fixing, and operating production systems
using CI pipelines and self-healing code. Collaboration with
business owners and understanding diverse business requirements is
a core skill.
- Build highly scalable, high-performant infrastructure on Amazon
Web Service (AWS)
- Work with applications to use automated CI/CD pipelines and
build secure cloud environments, identities, and services. Deploy
applications into these cloud environments through automated
processes and programmatic services.
- Maintain application reliability and uptime SLAs throughout the
application lifecycle using programmatic self-healing and software
- Develop software to monitor and improve end-to-end platform
performance, identify runtime deficiencies, find potential
failures, and fix production issues
- Build deep, full-stack knowledge of the complexity of our
platforms and applications. Work to simplify and automate
deployment processes, run-time operations, and provide
- Improve the durability, simplicity, performance, and
maintainability of our integrated landscape
- Apply your expertise to our most complex digital projects. Meet
with department and business unit clients to understand their
- Be responsible for driving feedback and new design ideas back
into the DevSecOps platform team. Help identify and remediate
architectural problems, scalability, availability and performance
- Be an integral member of the core DevSecOps/DataOps development
team and help develop, test, deploy, and operated the service
24x7x365 globally. Must be open to participating in an on-call
rotation, as needed
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to
serve patients. The IT professional we seek is a collaborative and
innovative team-player with these qualifications.
- BS or MS in computer science or related field
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud
- Hands-on experience with configuration frameworks for
deployment such as AWS CloudFormation Templates, Ansible,
Terraform, Chef, Puppet, or Salt
- Proven proficiency with scripting languages such as Python,
- Solid knowledge of various Linux environments. Distro's include
Ubuntu, Centos, Debian, RedHat, and Amazon Linux, as well as
familiarity with Windows OS's.
- Understand security and encryption technologies. Knowledge of
authentication protocols including OpenID, OIDC, OAuth, SAML, and
- Knowledge of Docker containerization and Kubernetes/EKS cluster
management for container orchestration
- Experience with automated monitoring frameworks such as
InfluxDB, Grafana, Telegraf, Fluentd, Prometheus, etc.
- Application and system level debug and triage experience.
- Experience managing distributed runtime applications using
- Experience running full stack application deployments and
infrastructure cloud services (Storage, VMs, Network, etc.)
- Practical experience migrating large-scale infrastructure onto
public cloud technology platforms such as AWS, Azure, GCP is a
- Familiarity deploying, monitoring, and running serverless
computing and microservices a plus
Doctorate degree OR
Master's degree and 3 years of relevant experience OR
Bachelor's degree and 5 years of related experience OR
Associate degree and 10 years of directly related experience
High School / GED and 12 years of directly related
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we
work to care for our teammates' professional and personal growth
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your
skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along
your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates
are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan-comprising health, finance and
wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits-with compensation
and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you
without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran
status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to
receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact
us to request an accommodation.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference
in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute
forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll
find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers
innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions
of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid
arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life
for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment
of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who
respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live
the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all
qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Amgen Inc., Thousand Oaks , Site Reliability Engineer III (SRE) - Cloud Architect, Other , Thousand Oaks, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!