You will serve as a SUPERVISORY ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN in the
NAVAL CONSTRUCTION GROUP ONE, OPERATIONS DEPARTMENT of 31ST NAVAL
Learn more about this agency
- You will make decisions on work problems presented by
subordinate supervisors, team leaders, or similar personnel, or by
- You will implements ways to eliminate or reduce significant
bottlenecks and barriers to production, promote team building, or
improve business practices.
- You will review, analyze, and interpret directives and policies
issued by higher authority.
- You will schedule, oversee, and perform detailed technical
reviews of blueprints and specifications prepared by domestic and
foreign architect and engineer firms.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this
0802 Engineering Technical
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to
successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To
learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and
responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must
serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This
requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements
must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of
retired military members within 180 days immediately following
retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions
of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or
final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to
obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in
the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- You will be required to wear personal protective equipment such
as helmets, gloves, coveralls, glasses, goggles, respirators and
safety shoes continuously for the duration of the work shift.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to
CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must
be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended
periods of time.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a U.S.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized
experience at or equivalent to the GS-12 grade level or pay band in
the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or
public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the
following: Overseeing engineering policies and procedures of
operational readiness for the Naval Construction Force to improve
mission execution by developing resolutions.
Examples of qualifying specialized experience include technical
work in: drafting, surveying construction estimating, physical
science, mathematics, aerospace, architecture, chemicals,
electrical or mechanical systems, mining, petroleum, or nuclear
Experience in a trade or craft may be credited as specialized
experience when the work provided intensive knowledge of
engineering principles, techniques, methods, and precedents.
Examples are trade positions with substantial developmental, test,
or design responsibilities such as:
- Planner and estimator who analyzed designs for production
- Instrument maker or model maker who performed design or
development work on devices fabricated.
Additional qualification information can be found from the
following Office of Personnel Management website:
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including
volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g.,
professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community,
student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies,
knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and
experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This job does not have an education qualification