Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with
solutions which perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to
balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse
talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your
passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work
critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a
team which has the environment down to a science.
Our Southern California team is seeking an exceptionally
talented and enthusiastic Civil or Environmental Engineer in
Training. The position will support environmental site assessments
and remediation; sampling programs; remedial evaluation, design,
and monitoring activities; environmental impact assessments;
environmental compliance and permitting; and data interpretation,
analysis and reporting summarizing the above activities.
Your Key Responsibilities
You will have the opportunity to work with an experienced team
of environmental scientists, geologist and engineers while
participating in both field and office activities associated with a
wide array of projects involving environmental consulting.
Opportunities and responsibilities may include:
* Perform and document field data collection activities
(including oversight of subcontractors); and assist in the
completion of project level work (data management, report
preparation) on environmental remediation/management projects for
* Conduct multi-media sampling (soil, groundwater, surface
water, sediment, soil gas, indoor air, etc).
* Oversee advancement of soil and rock borings, installation of
groundwater monitoring wells, manage subcontractors and minor soil
* Prepare soil boring log and well construction diagrams.
* Perform operation and maintenance on remediation systems;
significant decisions and deliverables reviewed by higher level
* Learn and follow standard operating procedures for work
* Demonstrate ability to analyze field and technical data.
* Draft technical reports.
* Complete applicable company and client required health &
safety training (including OSHA required training) and follow
health & safety policies and procedures.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
The ideal candidate demonstrates leadership, problem solving,
and exceptional communication skills. Specific experience and
qualifications in the following areas are also required:
* 40-hour OSHA Hazwoper training is a plus
* Be an advocate for health, safety, and clients
* Strong technical writing skills
* Working knowledge of field sampling techniques
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, along
with excellent interpersonal abilities and willingness to work in a
* Commitment to thrive in a proactive organization where client
service is second to none
* Possess a valid driver's license and good driving record
* Prior to employment, this position will require the successful
passing of a pre-employment physical and drug and alcohol
Education and Experience
* Bachelor of Science in Civil or Environmental Engineering
* Successfully complete the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE)
exam in the state of California OR the ability to obtain within 6
months of hire.
* Stantec encourages and supports the goal of obtaining your
professional engineering registration.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining
sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure
to the elements including inclement weather. Ability to lift and
move items and equipment up to 50 lbs.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and
other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or
may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on
each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the
world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer - EIT
Primary Location: United States-California-Thousand Oaks
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Entry Level
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 2100003H
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified
employees and applicants for future and current employment and
prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information,
disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in
decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion,
compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any
other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local,
state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable
opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including