Principle Architect Synchronous Communications
Company: Amgen Inc.
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posted on: May 31, 2021
The Customer Care & Experience team at Amgen focuses on
advancing capabilities which improve the experience of internal
Amgen customers (workforce). Within Customer Care & Experience, the
Digital Workplace Experience team focuses on driving adoption and
maximizing business value of deployed End User Technologies. These
include synchronous and asynchronous collaboration solutions such
as WebEx, Microsoft Teams, Miro, Conferencing, AV endpoints, Voice
infrastructure and other ancillary products and platforms. The team
consists of cross-disciplinary IS professionals who understand how
to deliver services that span operations, engineering, governance,
Amgen is seeking a hardworking Principal IS Architect to join a
high-performing team of engineers on our Unified Communications
team. We are looking for an individual with strong technical skills
and experience working in a dynamic environment that demands
high-quality and efficient results. To be successful, you will need
to have excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills, and a
proven ability to successfully design and deploy innovative
Key Responsibilities include:
- Works with the Senior Manager to align IS strategy and planning
with the company's business goals and objectives
- Interacts with IS managers and vendors to identify and evaluate
new technology products for their services.
- Partners with business users to elicit and translate business
requirements into technological solutions.
- Leads the design, development, and testing of new Unified
Communications systems, including voice and video endpoints, server
infrastructure, SaaS systems, and other IS solutions related to
- Plans, tests and assists with deployment of upgrades to
existing Unified Communications systems related to live
- Provides consensus-based, scalable, and adaptable
- Develops and maintains policies, standards, and guidelines to
ensure that UC systems are consistent across the company.
- Reviews business requests for system enhancements and
undertakes cost evaluation, standards reviews, and
- Guides continuous improvement efforts for the service and
- Works with information protection teams to evaluate the
security of existing and new IS systems and devices
- Establish relationships with internal and external partners to
drive road maps from our existing platforms to integrate with
- Ensure department documentation, SOPs, knowledge base articles
are properly managed and maintained
Doctorate degree and 2 years' experience as a Unified
Master's degree and 6 years' experience as a Unified
Bachelor's degree and 8 years' experience as a Unified
Associate's degree and 10 years' experience as a Unified
High school diploma / GED and 12 years' experience as a Unified
- Ability to "think big" and challenge conventional wisdom
regarding technology refresh and hype.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and willing to take principled bets
on new technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and understanding of the Agile
- Ability to establish, implement, and enforce appropriate IS
standards to meet business requirements.
- Ability to effectively exchange ideas and information with IS
associates, management and vendors to accomplish work objectives
and build consensus
- Ability to communicate and build relationships outside IS
- Proven ability to perform market and competitor analysis
- Extensive experience with various protocols including SIP,
H323, H264, H265, AV1, WebRTC
- Deep knowledge of UC systems including Cisco CUCM, Jabber,
UCCX, PCCE and video collaboration tools (including Webex, Zoom and
MS Teams) on both desktop and mobile devices
- Knowledge of network communications such as firewalls, load
balancers, IP addresses, DNS, Proxy, SD-WAN, TCP, UDP, QOS
- Knowledge of Windows 10 deployments including Autopilot and
- Experience with AV Technologies such as Crestron, Extron,
Cisco, Biamp, LG Displays (including DV-LED), and other AV
- Experience with cloud computing providers such as AWS and
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for
patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering,
developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human
therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced
human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and
understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and uses its
expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and
spectacularly improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since
1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent
biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around
the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you
without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran
status, or disability status.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference
in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute
forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll
find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers
innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions
of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid
arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life
for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment
of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who
respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live
the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all
qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Amgen Inc., Thousand Oaks , Principle Architect Synchronous Communications, Other , Thousand Oaks, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!