Company: University Village Thousand Oaks
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posted on: May 31, 2021
Come Work with University Village! We are currently hiring a
full time Accounting Assistant who will be responsible for data
entry, customer service, clerical support duties, and assisting the
Accounting Director in the day-to-day coordination! Were a
certified Great Place to Work & Ranked #2 in Aging Services! See
- Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision,
life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a Safe Harbor
401(k) plan with generous company match!
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO), Flex Holidays, and 6 Paid
holidays per year for full-time staff. We offer benefits for
part-time staff, too!
- $1,500 a year in Tuition Assistance for full-time employees and
robust Talent Development Program we help you accelerate your
- Wellness program with the opportunity to earn a 30% discount on
your benefit premiums!
- Employee Meal Program! We prepare delicious meals for you
- Great workplace culture we have fun doing what we love!
- Performs all functions related to input of monthly resident
billing for Residential Living and back up for Health Center.
Assists in accurate resident billing statements by the first
business day of the month. (Must be able to work the 1st business
day of every month)
- Consistently establishes and maintains a positive relationship
with the residents and/or their responsible parties in regards with
billing and questions regarding there statements.
- Prepares daily bank deposits on site. Post cash receipts to
resident accounts in billing software. (PCC)
- Month end reconciliation with credit cards.
- Maintain A/R aging reports for the Independent Living and
- Assists G/L coding and amounts for correctness and enters the
A/P system for payment.
- Assists the Accounting Director in the day-to-day coordination
of the department.
- High School Diploma or GED with knowledge of basic Accounting
- Must have knowledge of computer software applications in word
processing and spreadsheets.
- Must be able to accurately enter data with proficiency in
Microsoft Word, Excel, and billing software.
- Must be able to perform general clerical support duties.
- This position is essential to the safety of our residents and
staff; and to the operation and function of the community. Employee
may be recalled to report to work for an emergency, unusual
occurrence, resident care need, visit from regulatory/governing
agencies or any other event deemed necessary by the Executive
Director, Administrator, and designee.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Must be able to sit at a desk for up to six hours per day; must
be able to stoop, bend, stretch, and squat to access files and
various documentation. Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs
occasionally. When lifting over 35 lbs, you are required to ask for
assistance. Occasionally push and/or pull wheeled carts and
equipment generally weighing up to 200 lbs.
About University Village Thousand Oaks:
University Village is a resort-style retirement community
located in Thousand Oaks, in Ventura County. The community is
contained securely on more than 65 acres of picturesque hills and
valleys. University Village is a Continuing Care Retirement
Community (CCRC) offering a variety of villas and apartment homes
to hundreds of residents.
Apply online at
Keywords: University Village Thousand Oaks, Thousand Oaks , Accounting Assistant, Other , Thousand Oaks, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!