Teledyne Technologies Incorporated specializes in providing a
broad range of high technology solutions and products to the
marketplace. Teledyne Imaging Sensors is an integral member of the
new Digital Imaging Segment of Teledyne Technologies. Imaging
Sensors provides advanced imaging solutions for a variety of
customers, including the DoD, NASA, prime system integrators, and
commercial customers. In the civilian space arena, Teledyne sensors
are the most advanced sensors on board the Hubble space telescope,
and they are also found on board the majority of NASA space probes
and ground based telescopes. In the DoD arena, Teledyne sensors are
integrated into several major systems for persistent surveillance,
chemical detection, and target identification, among others.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
This position requires the ongoing local development,
implementation and management of the export compliance function as
it relates to the corporate import and export policies for Teledyne
Scientific & Imaging segment locations. The role demands
exceptional communication and collaboration skills, and a strong
export trade expertise. The Export Specialist will support the
locations in managing imports and exports, interacting with all of
the various functional areas, the designated CBU Trade Compliance
Manager for Teledyne Scientific & Imaging segment, and Teledyne's
Corporate International Trade Compliance ("CITC") office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for ensuring effective import and export compliance
at multiple business units falling under their assigned scope, in
accordance with U.S. and international import and export laws and
regulations and Teledyne Technologies corporate import and export
compliance policies and procedures.
- Ensure and support appropriate management accountability and
responsibility for export compliance.
- Establish and maintain import and export compliance procedures
and program documentation, including product export classification
and regulatory jurisdiction; licensing and administration; denied
party, proliferation and diversion screening; technology transfers;
deemed exports; import and export documentation; anti-boycott
reporting; trade data points including HTS classification, country
of origin and FTA determination, valuation, etc.; broker and
forwarder management; recordkeeping; audits and training.
- Prepare and submit license applications, international permits,
technical assistance agreements and other request for licenses and
approvals to the appropriate Government Agencies; administer export
licensing program and ensure compliance with conditions and
- Conduct licensing reviews for technology transfers, including
marketing materials, proposals and engineering data; develop and
maintain technology transfer programs in accordance with regulatory
and license requirements.
- Act as import and export compliance liaison to sales
representatives, distributors, customers and other third parties,
- Review import and export filings for accuracy and compliance
with customs regulations and CITC policies and procedures.
- Provide quarterly and yearly reporting of relevant trade
compliance data to CITC.
- Conduct regular import and export compliance training for
senior management, engineers, scientists, shipping, sales and
marketing and other functions involved in import and
- Conduct periodic audits and self-audits and implement
corrective action, as required.
- Assist Corporate Legal- International Trade Compliance Office
with investigations of any incidences of purported non-compliance
with import and export laws and regulations.
- Attend the Corporate International Trade Compliance annual
- Attend external third-party import and export training seminars
- Other trade compliance duties as assigned
- Daily availability to include evenings and weekends when
necessary to reach goals and deadlines.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should
demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and
experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.Project
Management - Communicates changes and progress.
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development
opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer
situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Meets
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality.
- Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds
well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits
work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs;
Presents numerical data effectively.
- Teamwork - Gives and welcomes feedback; Supports everyone's
efforts to succeed.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of
decisions; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns
work with strategic goals.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures;
Supports organization's goals and values.
- Judgment - Includes appropriate people in decision-making
- Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities;
Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts
well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions;
Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for
ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve
performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures;
Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able
to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Initiative - Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and
offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in
a related field and 5-10 years of directly related experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
Specific Export Controls Experience
Working experience in the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations, Export Administration Regulations, Customs
Regulations, and Office of Foreign Assets Control Regulations; able
to apply technical knowledge of regulations to business
transactions, and experience with automated denied party screening
systems and U.S. Government on-line license application procedures
Previous Empowered Official status required
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret governmental
regulations, general business periodicals, professional journals,
or technical procedures. Ability to write reports, business
correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively
present information and respond to questions from groups of
managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic
algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have
knowledge of MS Outlook; MS Excel and MS Word software.
U.S. Citizenship required for access to ITAR-Controlled
Ability to travel (domestically/internationally) approximately
What can Teledyne offer YOU?A Competitive Salary & Benefits
PackageExcellent Health, Dental, VisionPaid Vacation TimePaid Sick
TimeLife Insurance BenefitsPaid Holidays401(k) EligibilityEmployee
Stock Purchase PlanEducational Tuition ReimbursementEmployee Fun
Events throughout the year
Teledyne is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race,color,religion,religious
creed,gender,sexual orientation,gender identity,gender
origin,ancestry,citizenship status,age,disability,protected Veteran
Status,genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal,state,or local law. If you need assistance or an
accommodation while seeking employment,please email
firstname.lastname@example.org or call (855)479-1480.
Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be
made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries
concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a