HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You've earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to
reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge you've worked hard to
acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared
mission-to serve patients-drives all that we do. It is key to our
becoming one of the world's leading biotechnology companies,
reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the
professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
What you will do
Let's do this. Let's change the world. In this dynamic role you
will join the Manufacturing Systems team which is responsible for
supporting manufacturing activities through new product
introduction, improvement project implementation, supporting the
multiproduct facility operation program, CAPA ownership, deviation
trending, and optimization/ implementation of single use
- Leading a team of manufacturing specialists.
- Supporting and leading single use systems within manufacturing
including issue resolution and design changes
- Writing validation protocols and reports in support of cleaning
validation, equipment commissioning, qualification, and change
- Demonstrating strategic problem solving skills and champion
- Managing sophisticated projects using project management
- Applying sophisticated process, scientific, operational, and
compliance knowledge with analytical troubleshooting skills to
support the detailed delivery of new technologies into the
- Handling Quality Records, such as CCMS, CAPA, and
- Drafting and revising GMP manufacturing documents (SOPs,
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our distinctive
contributions to serve patients. The manufacturing professional we
seek is diligent with these qualifications.
- Doctorate degree OR Master's degree and 3 years of
manufacturing and operations experience OR Bachelor's degree and 5
years of manufacturing and operations experience OR Associate's
degree and 10 years of manufacturing and operations experience OR
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of manufacturing and
- Degree in Engineering or Life Sciences
- Experience in GMP Technical Support roles, GMP operations,
Engineering, or Process Development
- Technical knowledge of drug substance processing and broad
understanding of related disciplinary areas
- Ability to successfully communicate sophisticated technical
information with internal and external colleagues of varying
organizational levels in both presentation and technical writing
- Ability to coach, mentor and/or cross train colleagues within
core technical area
- Ability to drive results through leadership of cross-functional
- Experience leading and managing projects and people
- Equipment and Cleaning Validation experience
- Understanding of single-use technologies
- Data analysis and/or data visualization skills
- Availabliltiy to work various shifts (day, swing, graves,
weekends, holidays, 5x8hrs, 4x10hrs) as instructed by the
production schedule to execute validation and project tasks with
minimal disruption to operations.
- Ability to work in a clean room environment wearing steel toe
shoes, full clean room gowning, hairnet and gloves when performing
all work while following GMP documents (SOPs) with strict adherence
to safety and compliance.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we
work to care for our teammates' professional and personal growth
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your
skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along
your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates
are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan-comprising health, finance and
wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits-with compensation
and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you
without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran
status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to
receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact
us to request an accommodation.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference
in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute
forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll
find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers
innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions
of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid
arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life
for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment
of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who
respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live
the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all
qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.