Seasonal Sales Associate
Company: Things Remembered, Inc.
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The Sales Associate represents Things Remembered to our
customer. This position has primary responsibility for customer
satisfaction, generating sales, engraving, housekeeping,
merchandising, POS operations and loss prevention, in adherence
with all company/store standards.
Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Has previous retail or customer service experience, preferably
in a selling environment.
- *Demonstrates success in selling. Uses selling techniques such
as add-on sales and describing engraving information to customers
to enhance salesmanship and reach store and individual sales goals.
This requires constant standing and walking to work with customers
and show them merchandise.
- *Is proficient in the basic skills of store operations:
engraving; performance of all register transactions; and equipment
maintenance. This requires constant standing at the register and
equipment as well as occasional squatting and kneeling.
- *Participate in store activities of stocking, processing
incoming and outgoing merchandise shipments.
- This requires constant standing and walking, occasional
squatting and kneeling, frequently lifting & carrying up to 10 lbs
and occasionally 11-30 lbs as well as frequently climbing a 3-foot
ladder working with arms overhead and occasionally using a
3-10-foot ladder to work with arms overhead.
- Understands basic retail concepts: selling, visual
merchandising, and loss prevention
- Understands the importance of and is motivated by achieving
sales goals and continually strives to increase sales
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills and the ability to
communicate verbally in a clear, audible, and grammatically correct
- Ability to listen/read and accurately transcribe and verify
customer message specifications onto engraved merchandise.
- Relates to all customer segments and creates a good first
- Manages multiple tasks and time effectively
- Works as part of a team
- Maintains a high energy level
- Identifies the specific needs of the customer and suggests
appropriate gift items.
- Accepts suggestions and criticism in a positive manner and acts
on them appropriately
- Understands importance of teamwork in the store
- Displays pride, self-confidence and a positive attitude
- Is an active learner who takes responsibility for personal
- Has a strong work ethic and sense of personal
- Is goal-oriented
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Displays flexibility to work a varied schedule to meet store
Keywords: Things Remembered, Inc., Thousand Oaks , Seasonal Sales Associate, Other , Thousand Oaks, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!