Membership Representative I/II/III
Company: Anthem, Inc
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Description SHIFT: Day JobSCHEDULE: Full-timeYour Talent. Our
Vision. At Anthem, Inc., its a powerful combination, and the
foundation upon which were creating greater access to care for our
members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for
our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of
health care.This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative
work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's
leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.The
Membership Representative I/II/III is responsible for enrollment,
billing activities and/or maintaining assigned accounts. Must be
able to successfully perform all the duties of the Membership Rep
I.Primary duties may include, but are not limited to: '
- Responds to incoming calls and may initiate outgoing calls,
providing customer service to plan members, providers and employer
groups by answering benefit questions, resolving issues and
- Verifies enrollment status, makes changes to records,
researches and resolves enrollment system rejections; addresses a
variety of enrollment questions and/or concerns received by phone
- May be responsible for billing and delinquency processes for
- Ensures accuracy and timeliness of the membership and billing
- Responds to inquiries concerning enrollment processes.
- Maintains enrollment database.
- May order identification cards.
- Determines eligibility and applies contract language for each
- Performs error output resolution for electronic eligibility and
processes error discrepancy lists.
- Maintains and reconciles premium bill, self-bill and individual
- Notifies clients of premium discrepancies through payment
adjustment notices and detailed audits.
- Screens all forms and data for all paperwork received from
Sales and/or Underwriting for new group and/or group re-classing
- Makes request to Underwriting, Sales or Brokers for missing
information and/or forms needed for new group or re-class of
- May be responsible for loading rates for new groups and
renewal/re-class groups within the appropriate system.
- Screens group for benefits to determine if existing or new,
recognizing when benefits are not standard and handling as
- Thoroughly documents inquiry outcomes for accurate tracking and
- Develops and maintains positive customer relations and
coordinates with various functions within the company to ensure
customer requests and questions are handled appropriately and in a
- Requires H.S. diploma or GED.
- A minimum of 1 year relevant healthcare customer servicing
experience which includes a minimum of 1 year membership experience
with the company; or any combination of education and experience
which would provide an equivalent background.We offer a range of
market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid
holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless
covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental,
vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match,
stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and
financial education resources, to name a few. Anthem, Inc. has been
named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For, is ranked as one
of the 2020 Worlds Most Admired Companies among health insurers by
Fortune magazine, and a 2020 Americas Best Employers for Diversity
by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit
us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity
Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of
services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural
competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Keywords: Anthem, Inc, Thousand Oaks , Membership Representative I/II/III, Other , Thousand Oaks, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!