Respiratory Care Supervisor, PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital Los Angeles, Full Time, Nights
Company: PIH Health
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posted on: January 13, 2022
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that
serves approximately 3 million residents in Los Angeles County,
Orange County, and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated
network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health
Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27
outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician)
group, home healthcare services, and hospice care, as well as
heart, cancer, womens health, urgent care and emergency
services.Respiratory management is responsible for the Departments
continuous, effective operation. The daily operation should include
continuous improvement of all activities. A clear division for the
department working in concert with the strategic goals of the
hospital is necessary. There should be a clear focus on
customer/patient satisfaction. There should be a constant emphasis
on superior performance and value-added strategies, with a
steadfast philosophy for the self-directed actions and staff
ownership. The individual must exhibit knowledge of the principles
of growth and development from newborn to the geriatric patient
population. The therapist must possess the ability to assess data
reflective of patient status and interpret the appropriate
information needed to identify the patients requirements relative
to their age-specific needs. The therapist must be able to provide
the care indicated with respect to department policy and
procedures. All these characterize the qualities required for this
- Possess a broad knowledge of all modes of therapy being
performed within this institution.
- Be able to Exhibit skills to accomplish computer operation to
including windows applications.
- Must be adept at auscultation of the chest and physical
assessment of the patient
- and monitoring of vital signs.
- Exhibit skills and ability to properly understand and operate
electronic monitoring devices.
- Demonstrate good communication skills, verbal and written.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal competence
- Negotiation and confrontation skills
- Organizational skills
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by Administrative
- Licensed RCP by the State of California.
- Registered by the National Board for Respiratory therapy.
- Perinatal/pediatric technician recommended.
- Minimum of three years of management experience
- Five years of experience in adult or neonatal critical
- Bachelor of Science in allied health field recommended
- Maintain Adult ACLS, BCLS and Pediatric (PALS) certification
Keywords: PIH Health, Thousand Oaks , Respiratory Care Supervisor, PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital Los Angeles, Full Time, Nights, Other , Thousand Oaks, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!