Sr Automation Engineer - Network Systems
Company: Takeda Pharmaceutical
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posted on: November 25, 2022
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge.Job DescriptionJob Title: Sr Automation
Engineer - Network Systems
Location: Thousand Oaks, CAAbout the role:The Sr Automation
Engineer is responsible for system administration of the automation
systems and building automation projects related to implementation
of a process control system. Additionally, this you will manage
scope definition/clarification exercises to characterize automation
requirements and be responsible for project-related functions
including design, specifications, budgeting, scheduling, resource
management, construction management, commissioning and start up.How
you will contribute:
- Build system administration tasks for all automation
- Demonstrate general working knowledge of GMP pharmaceutical
manufacturing facilities and all major utilities to support project
- Display standard engineering principles to resolve difficult
problems from concept to final design with automation and other
- Plan, schedule and lead project assignments in the evaluation,
selection and adaptation of multiple engineering techniques,
procedures, and criteria.
- Partner with automation and manufacturing to perform
troubleshooting of any network systems tied to the automation
- Contribute to the successful implementation of system
improvement projects and guide improvements around manufacturing
KFA (key focus areas) goals including people/safety,
quality/regulatory/compliance, customer, financials, and
- Administer the site manufacturing automation systems and
operational technology (OT) such as DeltaV system, Building
Automation System. Administration includes domain management for
user security, setting up group policies, and setting and verifying
backup and restore of manufacturing data/databases.
- Maintain the site manufacturing automation systems such as
DeltaV system, Building Automation System. Maintenance includes
monitoring performance of the automation networks, servers,
clients. maintaining up-to-date patching for automation systems per
OEM recommendations and ensuring all anti-virus and other security
features are updated.
- Manage databases of all the automation systems including
understanding of SQL database and its administration.
- Demonstrate understanding of network segmentation, cyber
security and firewall for automation system and design the
architecture keeping need of data flow in mind.
- Assess, maintain, and improve the current automation systems'
hardware, software, and configuration.
- Complete risk assessments for changes and improvements to all
automation systems' hardware and configuration; analyze, code, and
formally test the proposed changes on applicable
simulation/development systems; implement changes on Production
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and help repair automation systems'
- Review, update and standardize technical documentation and
drawings for all manufacturing automation systems. Documentation
and drawings include. User Requirement Specifications, Functional
Specifications, Design Specifications, network diagrams,
architecture drawings, settings for infrastructure components,
panel layouts, BOMs, and Spare Parts lists.
- Update Standard Operation and Preventive Maintenance Procedures
for the existing automation systems.
- Revise and build SOPs for application installation, backup and
restore of automation systems.
- Lead work for multiple small/large functional/capital projects.
Engineer and manage reliability improvements, optimization,
upgrades and implement from concept to commissioning and
validation, for all manufacturing automation systems.
- Train other departments' personnel on functionality of
- Develop and formally build Installation, Operation and
Performance Commissioning protocols for modified or new automation
systems. Help with preparation and execution of the Qualification
- Develop Project Records (PR) for configuration changes,
functional tests, Commissioning Plans, and Qualification
- Oversee and close corrective actions related to the automation
system; this includes Corrective Action & Preventative Action
(CAPA) that are generated due to user interventions and
- Discuss normally encountered technical issues, both verbally
and in written form.
- System administration requires an in-depth knowledge on the
implementation of IT infrastructure including networking, domain
management, storage maintenance, database maintenance and
virtualization, for automation systems in a pharmaceutical
environment.What you bring to Takeda:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering discipline
required in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- 3+ years' experience in administration of IT networks,
operating systems (Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2008/2012), domain
management, server management, storage management and database
- 1+ years' experience in virtualization; knowledge of how to
build virtual infrastructure with hosts and external storage,
virtual networking and vCenter, vSphere.
- 1+ years of Engineering experience in manufacturing environment
in pharmaceutical or food processing facilities, design,
installation, and commissioning of projects.
- Hands-on experience with thin client technology and Citrix
- Hands-on experience with automation networks and Ethernet
- Familiarity with Distributed Control System configuration and
operation, especially Emerson DeltaV, Allen-Bradley PLC, and
- Working knowledge of PFD, P&ID and loop diagram standards;
temperature, pressure, flow, weight, humidity, conductivity, pH
measurement and instrumentation.
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical industry standards for batch
control systems development life cycle methodologies, 21 CFR Part
11, and GAMP.
- Familiarity with PLC/HMI integration.What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and
Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable
- Family Planning Support
- Professional development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursementImportant ConsiderationsAt Takeda, our
patients rely on us to deliver quality products. As a result, we
must follow strict rules in our manufacturing facilities to ensure
we are not endangering the quality of the product. You may:
- Normal office environment.
- May be asked to work more than 8 hours/40 hours per week,
weekends, and holidays.
- May require on call availability outside of business hours
- May work in a controlled environment requiring special gowning
and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and
body. This may include additional hearing protection for loud
- Will need to remove all make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail
polish and artificial fingernails while in the manufacturing
- May work in a cold, hot or wet environment.
- May work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, buffers and
Celite that may require respiratory protection.More about us:At
Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of
novel specialty pharmaceuticals and the best patient support
programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company to inspire and
empower you to grow through life-changing work.Certified as a
Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages
innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We
foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams
are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and
a Brighter Future to people around the world.This posting excludes
Colorado applicants.#GMSGQ#ZR1EEO StatementTakeda is proud in its
commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status,
national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic
information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam
era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran
in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and
any other characteristic protected by law.LocationsUSA - CA -
Thousand Oaks - Rancho ConejoWorker TypeEmployeeWorker
Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull time
Keywords: Takeda Pharmaceutical, Thousand Oaks , Sr Automation Engineer - Network Systems, Other , Thousand Oaks, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!