Medication Technician (Full Time with Benefits, 401K, PTO, and MORE!)
Company: University Village Thousand Oaks
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posted on: May 1, 2021
$500 SIGN ON BONUS! Come Work with University Village! Were a
certified Great Place to Work & Ranked #2 in Aging Services! See
- Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision,
life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a Safe Harbor
401(k) plan with generous company match!
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO), Flex Holidays, and 6 Paid
holidays per year for full-time staff. We offer benefits for
part-time staff, too!
- $1,500 a year in Tuition Assistance for full-time employees and
robust Talent Development Program we help you accelerate your
- Wellness program with the opportunity to earn a 30% discount on
your benefit premiums!
- Employee Meal Program! We prepare delicious meals for you
- Great workplace culture we have fun doing what we love!
Position Details: University Village is currently hiring a full
time Medication Technician! The Medication Technician assists the
resident with medications under the direct supervision of a
licensed vocational nurse. Assists licensed nursing staff by
performing routine care duties and activities of daily living.
- Take vital signs as indicated
- Gives treatments, perform tests, carry-out procedures and
collect specimens as instructed.
- Reports and records observations and results of treatments,
tests, procedures and specimens when indicated.
- Answers Emergency Pendant alarms and responds to resident s
emergencies with ability to perform first aide and or CPR.
Coordinate Ambulance transfers as needed.
- Safely prepares, administers, and charts oral and topical
drugs. The Medication Technician who prepares the medicine
administers that same medication.
- Checks and prepares each dose immediately preceding
- Follows administration protocol and checks with the Director of
Resident Services or Wellness Coordinator if there are any
questions regarding any medication.
- Records administration of the medication on residents
medication administration record and discards medication refused or
otherwise not given and records on medication administration
- Reports medication errors or reactions to medications
immediately to the Director of Resident Services, who, in turn,
reports to the residents attending physician and completes the
- Communicates with Residents Physicians about medications,
treatments, changes in conditions
- Performs accurate pulse and blood pressure and recognizes their
significance in drug therapy.
- Administers PRN medication per department policy and
- Transfers, transports and escorts residents as needed.
- Maintains safe and sanitary work stations and equipment.
- Encourages resident independence, attendance at activities,
restorative programs and rehabilitation.
- Attends in-service training and education session, as
- Assists caregivers with residents as appropriate to deliver
- Performs other work duties and responsibilities as assigned by
- Prior geriatric nursing aide experience is preferred.
- Successful completion of State approved Medicine Aide Course,
and when applicable, the continuing education course. (Medication
Course will be provided at University Village but experience is
- Ability to understand and follow instructions in English,
communicates effectively, and performs simple arithmetic. Ability
to document care given.
- Current CPR and First Aid certificate required
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a Health Care environment.
- Committed to delivering outstanding hospitality to residents
and families. About University Village Thousand Oaks: University
Village is a resort-style retirement community located in Thousand
Oaks, in Ventura County. The community is contained securely on
more than 65 acres of picturesque hills and valleys. University
Village is a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) offering a
variety of villas and apartment homes to hundreds of residents.
Full services are provided, including fine dining, housekeeping and
laundry, maintenance services, transportation, fitness classes,
wellness programs, and numerous activities. We appreciate your
interest in employment opportunities at our community. We are
committed to hiring high quality, professional and caring
individuals. We value and recognize the importance of supporting,
training, and retaining our employees to better serve our
residents. We look for employees with a passion for customer
service. Prior to beginning work at our community, applicants must
complete and pass a drug screening, physical exam with tuberculosis
(TB) test, and criminal clearance through FBI and Department of
Justice (over 18 only). The background search includes minor
misdemeanors and DUIs. University Village offers an excellent
benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance,
flexible spending accounts, and a Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with
match. Apply online at
Keywords: University Village Thousand Oaks, Thousand Oaks , Medication Technician (Full Time with Benefits, 401K, PTO, and MORE!), Professions , Thousand Oaks, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!