Machine Repair Technician
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Reliability & Maintenance Mechanic - $1500 Sign-On Bonus!
Our more than 12,000 associates globally are passionate about
setting science in motion to create a better world. By choosing a
career with Avantor, a Fortune 500 company, you will make
breakthroughs, make a difference-and make your mark. You will work
closely with dedicated people who share your enthusiasm for
innovation, excellence and achievement. Whether you want to help
customers advance science or solve complex problems, Avantor is
where you belong.
Consider a career with us at one of our offices, manufacturing and
distribution facilities or innovation centers, or as part of our
laboratory and clinical services teams working onsite at customer
Location: Carpinteria, CA
Shift: 1st Shift
The Reliability & Maintenance Mechanic essentially performs the
same duties as a Mechanic, but under limited supervision and with
an increasingly wider range of duties of a more complex nature,
such as: performing work in more than one of the maintenance trades
as hydraulics, plumbing, refrigeration, electrical, sheet metal
fabrication, and welding. Interprets blueprints, sketches, layouts,
wiring diagrams, drawings, and specifications. Sets up and operates
all tools and equipment necessary to perform work assigned.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their
sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Starts devices to test their performance.
- May set up and operate drill press, grinder, and other
metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- May initiate purchase order for parts and machines.
- Repairs electrical equipment.
- Must be regular and punctual in attendance
- Responsible for maintaining quality within the scope of the job
- High School diploma required
- 3-5 years relevant mechanical experience
- Basic electrical diagnosis skills including use of
- Familiar with precision measuring tools (dial calipers)
- Ability to read and follow written instructions
- Ability to document repairs in legible hand-writing
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints, drawings and repair
- Basic computer skills including Word and Outlook.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not
discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin,
physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
employment process, please contact us by email at
...@avantorsciences.com and let us know the nature of your request
and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be
considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries
concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded
to from this email address.
For more information about equal employment opportunity
protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE
LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency
Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.
EEO is the Law
OFCCP EEO Supplement
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
3rd party non-solicitation policy
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned on
and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by
failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit
any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms
and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and
will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based
on its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation
Associated topics: breakdown, calibrate, field service technician,
machine repair, maintenance mechanic, maintenance technician,
malfunction, millwright, service technician, upgrade
Keywords: Avantor, Thousand Oaks , Machine Repair Technician, Professions , Ojai, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!