Equipment Maintenance Mechanic
Location: Santa Paula
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job SummaryReliability & Maintenance Mechanic - $1500 Sign-On
Bonus!Why Avantor? Our more than 12,000 associates globally are
passionate about setting science in motion to create a better
world. By choosing a career with Avantor, a Fortune 500 company,
you will make breakthroughs, make a difference-and make your mark.
You will work closely with dedicated people who share your
enthusiasm for innovation, excellence and achievement. Whether you
want to help customers advance science or solve complex problems,
Avantor is where you belong.Consider a career with us at one of our
offices, manufacturing and distribution facilities or innovation
centers, or as part of our laboratory and clinical services teams
working onsite at customer locations worldwide.Location:
Carpinteria, CAShift: 1st ShiftJob Description:The Reliability &
Maintenance Mechanic essentially performs the same duties as a
Mechanic, but under limited supervision and with an increasingly
wider range of duties of a more complex nature, such as: performing
work in more than one of the maintenance trades as hydraulics,
plumbing, refrigeration, electrical, sheet metal fabrication, and
welding. Interprets blueprints, sketches, layouts, wiring diagrams,
drawings, and specifications. Sets up and operates all tools and
equipment necessary to perform work assigned.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their
sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Starts devices to test their performance.
- May set up and operate drill press, grinder, and other
metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- May initiate purchase order for parts and machines.
- Repairs electrical equipment.
- Must be regular and punctual in attendance
- Responsible for maintaining quality within the scope of the job
- High School diploma required
- 3-5 years relevant mechanical experience
- Basic electrical diagnosis skills including use of
- Familiar with precision measuring tools (dial calipers)
- Ability to read and follow written instructions
- Ability to document repairs in legible hand-writing
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints, drawings and repair
- Basic computer skills including Word and Outlook.DISCLAIMER:The
above statements are intended to describe the general nature and
level of work being performed by employees assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of employees assigned to this position.Avantor is proud to be an
equal opportunity employer.EEO StatementWe are an Equal
Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in
hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation,
race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental
disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state/province, or local law. If you need a
reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process,
please contact us by email at TalentManagement@avantorsciences.com
and let us know the nature of your request and your contact
information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a
case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a
request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this
email address.For more information about equal employment
opportunity protections, please view the Equal Employment
Opportunity is THE LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement,
and Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision using the links
below.EEO is the LawOFCCP EEO SupplementPAY TRANSPARENCY
NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION3rd party non-solicitation policyBy
submitting candidates without having been formally assigned on and
contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing
to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee
on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and
conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will
take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on
its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation
Keywords: Avantor, Thousand Oaks , Equipment Maintenance Mechanic, Professions , Santa Paula, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!