Sr Utilities Technician
Company: Takeda Pharmaceutical
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posted on: August 5, 2022
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge.
Job Title: Sr Utilities Technician
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
About the role: Within the Critical Systems department, the Sr
Utilities Technician will be a craftsperson responsible for
performing installation, troubleshooting, maintenance, testing, and
documentation/logs for a 24/7 pharmaceutical manufacturing
facility. You will report to the Critical Utilities Supervisor.
How you will contribute:
- Complete daily operational log sheets and general inspections
on all Plant utility equipment to ensure all equipment's/systems
are operating properly.
- Perform assigned Preventative / Corrective Maintenance work and
necessary repairs of facility Utility Plan: Plant/Clean Steam,
Water Systems, Water Systems (WFI, RO, Waste and City), Air
Compressors, cooling Towers and Chilled Water /Glycol refrigeration
- Monitor and documentation of environmental conditions in
utilities and HVAC areas through Computer Monitoring System (SCADA,
BAS), alarm investigation/response and generation /completion of
applicable room reports and Attachments.
- Demonstrate familiarity with generally accepted building,
plumbing, piping, electrical, and fire protection practices and
codes to include NFPA, NEC, UBC, UMC and UPC in compliance with
Takeda EH&S and Factory Mutual requirements.
- Follow safety rules and ensure compliance with CA state and
federal EPA regulation and laws. Specific responsible system
repairs, upkeep, maintenance, and operations managed within
regulating agencies such as CAL OSHA and OSHA.
- Provide troubleshooting, diagnostic, and repair equipment and
equipment components related to positional responsibilities which
includes pumps, piping, and plumbing components, vacuum pumps,
sanitary piping, blowers, and facility equipment.
- Attend required training, meetings, daily tier meetings and
- Support planning and scheduling activities.
- Create facility Work Orders through JDE access.
- Work with and oversee contractor/vendor work.
- Lead team through major process steps and able to within the
- Understand and provide feedback for operations occurring within
the current work week.
- Train new team members on routine processes.
- May purchase routine items and supplies.
- Demonstrated understanding and compliance in Standard Operating
Systems, Current Good Manufacturing Processes (cGMP) and Good
- Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of
the daily activities and any potential safety hazardous are
addressed and corrected immediately.
- You will work with Supervisor regarding all activities.
- May oversee development, revision and review of maintenance
reports forms, records and procedures.
- Comfortable with set-up and operations, daily maintenance, and
break down of simple/routine equipment.
- You will perform CIP, SIP small parts preparation.
- You will identify processing gaps and help implement new
- Proficient at troubleshooting minor to moderate problems.
Understand when and to whom to elevate.
- You will draft simple to moderate Document records and complete
minor investigations. What you bring to Takeda:
- High school diploma or equivalent and 3+ years' experience in
Biotech maintenance or Manufacturing. Schooling should include
intermediate mathematics (algebra and geometry). Have a broad
mechanical trade skills like that obtained in a formal four-year
registered apprenticeship program.
- Internal Candidates: Able must demonstrate the
proficiencies/qualifications to qualify for the position. What
Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and
Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable
- Family Planning Support
- Professional development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement Important Considerations At Takeda, our
patients rely on us to deliver quality products. As a result, we
must follow strict rules in our manufacturing facilities to ensure
we are not endangering the quality of the product. You may:
- The overall physical exertion of this position requires medium
to heavy work.
- May sit, power grasp, push/pull with hands/arms between 1-2
- May walk or simple grasp between 3-4 hours.
- May stand over 4 hours.
- May be required to bend/twist at the neck/waist, repetitive use
of right/left hands/arms, kneel, squat, or reach above/below the
shoulder or climb (use step stools and ladders) up to 1 hour. May
climb up and into large processing tanks for cleaning or
- May work in a confined area as defined by the Environmental,
Health, and Safety office.
- May lift up to 75lbs. Lifts per shift are up to 20 times.
- May carry up to 50lbs. Carry distance of up to 200ft. Carry per
shift are up to 20 times.
- May drive cars, trucks, forklifts, or other equipment.
- May work around moving equipment and machinery.
- May be required to walk on uneven ground or slippery
- May work with noise above 85 dBA. This may require hearing
protection and other protective equipment to be worn.
- May work and have exposure to hot, cold, wet
- May work with dust, gasses, fumes, liquid Nitrogen, and
chemicals (paint, flooring materials, refrigerants, alcohol, acids,
- May work at heights above floor level.
- May require the use of special visual, respiratory, or auditory
- May work with biohazards such as: bloodborne pathogens, sewage,
or medical waste. Will work with equipment that handles
- May be required managing hazardous wastes in compliance with
company procedures & State/Federal/Local hazardous waste
regulations. Tasks may include Identifying, handling, generating,
accumulating, storing, labeling, and on-site transporting of
- Can work more than 8 hours a day - shifts are 3 x 4 days a week
(rotating day each week), 12 hours per day.
- Requires weekend and holiday work and may work a different
- Pace may be fast and job completion demands may be high.
- Work in a controlled environment requiring special gowning and
wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
This may include additional hearing protection for loud areas.
- Need to remove all make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail
polish and artificial fingernails while in the manufacturing
- Work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, buffers and
Celite that may require respiratory protection. More about us: At
Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of
novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support
programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and
empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating
careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in
everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace,
in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to
deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the
This posting excludes Colorado applicants.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce
and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship
status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status,
status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other
protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and
local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
USA - CA - Thousand Oaks - Rancho Conejo
Keywords: Takeda Pharmaceutical, Thousand Oaks , Sr Utilities Technician, Professions , Thousand Oaks, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!