Business Systems Analyst
Company: EDI Staffing
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posted on: September 12, 2023
About:The Business Systems Analyst provides business analysis
services and assists users with Logistics and Sales Operations
business applications. The focus of this position is to work
closely with the business to gain in-depth understanding of
customer's business needs, processes, services, roadmap and the
context in which the business operates. This role will be key to
understanding and documenting capabilities needed to address
business challenges with technical solutions.The Business Systems
Analyst will lead requirements development by reviewing business
processes and systems to identify and address operational
efficiencies and improvements. This position will act as the
liaison among internal business and technical stakeholders to
analyze, document, communicate and validate business and system
requirements for platform applications. In addition, the job will
entail working with new and existing internal applications to
integrate them with the back-end ERP, Microsoft Dynamics 365 for
Finance and Operations (F&O). Responsibilities will include a
full range of activities from conducting testing and debugging
application changes and upgrades to assisting project managers on
- Elicit requirements utilizing interviews, document analysis,
requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process
descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and
- Identify effective solutions for business software system
- Work with functional leads to transform and develop new
requirements into system designs and implementations.
- Create and maintain workflows, approval processes and
validation rules based on internal stakeholder requirements.
- Manage ongoing support requests and administrative needs.
- Create training materials and documentation for users and train
new end users on business applications.
- Monitor user adoption rates and respond as needed (e.g..,
additional training sessions, communication, system modifications,
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and
internal customers to identify technical and functional
requirements while delivering the desired artifacts (i.e..,
functional requirements, business requirements document, use cases,
GUI and screen and interface designs).
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to
establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between
usability and performance needs.
- Serve as the liaison between business units and technology
- Conduct testing and debugging of new software and/or
enhancements to existing software.
- Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved
in a timely manner.
- Work with business unit personnel to identify required changes
and communicate information to development team.
- Review and edit requirements, specifications, business
processes and recommendations related to proposed solution.
- Develop functional specifications and system design
- Deliver informative, well-organized presentations Required
- Must have a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer
business needs and translate them into application and operational
- Ability to apply general organizational knowledge of the
business and systems processes in problem analysis.
- Must have a solid understanding of application programming,
databases, and system design.
- Proficient with technology, including office applications,
sales force automation, executing data imports, running exports,
merging records, and running reports.
- Exposure to business applications for logistics, warehouse
management, and sales operations.
- Practical understanding of IT business fundamentals such as
application lifecycle development i.e.., Software Development Life
Cycle (SDLC), and project management.
- Ability to lead and negotiate business solutions that balance
technical capability, cost, and time with business needs.
- Must exhibit confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging
industry practices when solving business problems.
- Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives
- Must possess strong leadership skills and generate enthusiasm
among team members.
- Ability to work independently with users to define concepts,
under direction of project managers.
- Must possess strong analytical, organizational and product
- Ability to communicate difficult sensitive information
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group,
executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Must have an understanding of Internet, Intranet, Extranet and
- Ability to push creative thinking beyond the boundaries of
existing industry practices and client mindset.
- Must have an understanding of how legacy and web-based systems
interface with each other.
- Knowledge of any major Query Structured Language.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX or D365 for F&O
Required Experience 3 to 5 years of logistics or ERP application
support Some MS Dynamics experience
Keywords: EDI Staffing, Thousand Oaks , Business Systems Analyst, Professions , Thousand Oaks, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!