Lead Maintenance Technician
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Who doesn't love meat? Summer BBQs and friends around the campfire
enjoying a succulent, delicious burger, packed with protein. Yep,
meat rocks. The only problem is meat comes with baggage-greenhouse
gasses, environmental degradation, nutritional concerns, and the
welfare of animals. But what if the meat we love could be a force
for good, helping to reverse these challenges?
Ormat's mission is to pioneer game-changing solutions to the
health, environmental, and animal welfare challenges posed by
animal agriculture. We're developing a scalable approach to
producing cultured meat - meat grown from cells, outside the animal
-- that's every bit as delicious and nourishing as conventional
We are led by Ali Khademhosseini, one of the top tissue engineers
in the world, previously at Harvard and MIT for 16 years. We're
looking for team members who want to change history. Fellow
visionaries are ready to sink their teeth into one of the greatest
challenges humanity faces, creating a new future -- a future full
of hope with clear-running streams, teeming oceans, thriving
wildlife, and healthy communities. Are you in?
We are looking for a Lead Maintenance Technician is responsible for
ensuring that large-scale bioreactors and their ancillary processes
and systems remain fit for purpose to achieve quality and process
technical endpoints. -
- Performs preventive/corrective maintenance, calibration, and
upkeep of manufacturing and production equipment.
- Prepares maintenance and calibration reports and documents
completed work in accordance with cGMP requirements.
- Develops and implements preventive maintenance and predictive
- Analyzes equipment performance and proposes strategies to
improve the reliability of systems.
- Support engineering projects including but not limited to
equipment installation, commissioning, and validation process.
- Verify mechanical and electrical drawings for
- Perform Standard Operational Procedures (SOP) job plans and
draw redlines as necessary.
- Maintains accurate records of parts, materials, and consumables
used during the performance of work.
- Assists with the proposal and recommendation for the purchase
of equipment and services.
- Assist in equipment failure root cause analysis with a prompt
- Uses key and critical process parameters and their associated
critical quality attributes to assist in the resolution of
equipment performance issues.
- Oversees and leads small maintenance projects.
- Assist in overseeing contractor activities, as required.
- High School Diploma with 8 years of Process GMP Mechanical
experience in a Pharma-Biotech manufacturing environment or school
certification with 4 years of Process GMP Mechanical experience in
a Pharma-Biotech manufacturing environment
- Must have experience working with large-scale bioreactors and
- Understanding and experience in aseptic techniques to enable
the application of good aseptic practices.
- Cell Culture Bioreactors
- CIP & SIP Systems
- Mixing Vessels, transfer lines, pumps and sanitary
- Process automation and control systems.
- Filtration systems.
- Working knowledge of cGMPs, OSHA compliance, HVAC systems and
cleanrooms, automated pharmaceutical processing and plant
- Follow and comply with EPA, OSHA, and NFPA regulations and with
SOPs and cGMP policies.
- Excellent Instrumentation and mechanical skills and knowledge
of maintenance principles.
- Hands-on execution of maintenance of process equipment, utility
equipment, and facilities
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times, with no
- Reports to Managing Engineer
- Based in Los Angeles
- Minimal travel anticipated
- Health benefits (medical, dental, and vision coverage)
- Flexible vacation time
- 401(k) matching
- 16 weeks of 100% Paid Parental Leave
Keywords: omeat.com, Thousand Oaks , Lead Maintenance Technician, Professions , Thousand Oaks, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!