Production Manager (Aerospace)
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Production Managers with Aerospace experience take a closer
look!This Jobot Job is hosted by: Jenner WigginsAre you a fit? Easy
Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and sending us your
resume.Salary: $115,000 - $140,000 per yearA bit about us:We are
and advanced Aerospace and Defense company that specializes in
mission critical products. Our products consist of Generators,
Motors, Power Distribution Systems, Transducers, and more. We
support both the Commercial and Defense industries.Why join us?
- Great Benefits!
- Cutting Edge Technology!
- Both Commercial & Defense projects!Job DetailsSUMMARY:As our
Production Manager you will oversee Production activities across
three departments including machine shop which includes special
processes (Weld, Braze, Paint and Varnish), winding sub-assemblies
and the overall facility. Oversight will include support with
sections involving skilled machine operations, maintenance, and
production activities. Manages and has primary responsibility for
the safe and efficient operation of the departments or sections
assigned. Creates a team environment through effective
communication throughout the company. Manages/Grows employees to
their fullest potential. Coordinates area activities to ensure
scheduled compliance and monthly financial objectives.NICE TO
- Experience and expertise in a machine shop
- Lean, 5s, TOC experience
- Experience managing an MRP environment. DUTIES &
- Manage, organize and assign work to ensure effective use of
manpower and facilities.
- Manage required quality levels and adhere to AS9100
manufacturing standard. Responsible for assigned corrective
- Identify and correct conditions detrimental to safety or health
that might adversely affect employees, the facilities, equipment or
- Execute to production plan and support other work centers in
pursuit of overall business success.
- Interview, hire, train and evaluate manufacturing employees;
discipline; ensure adherence to company policies and regulations.
Coach and grow employees to achieve maximum effectiveness of all
- Support upper management in budgeting and performance
- Execute applicable provisions of the labor agreement and
maintain good employee relations.
- Work with manufacturing engineering and other departments, to
improve productivity including routing methods and processes.
- Keep current on operating techniques and maintain complete
working knowledge of job descriptions for areas supervised;
recommend necessary changes.
- Ensure age sensitive materials in manufacturing compliant to
- Oversee compliance to calibration requirement of manufacturing
test and measurement tools.
- Monitoring the safety and cleanliness of interior and exterior
areas, such as offices, conference rooms, parking lots and outdoor
- Maintain, develop, and execute PPM schedules.
- Manage maintenance of equipment, tools, and supplies; keep
current on new developments; recommend acquisition or replacement.
Participate in the selection and justification of capital
- Monitor departmental needs and ensure alignment to key
objectives.EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors in a Technical Field or at least 7+ years of
Manufacturing Leadership experience
- Experience in high -mix, low-volume productionInterested in
hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button.
Keywords: Jobot, Thousand Oaks , Production Manager (Aerospace), Professions , Thousand Oaks, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!